Account Executive Netherlands - Manager
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
Our Regional Sales function is responsible for driving sales and development across the business in our European markets. By building deep partnerships with our clients, opening up access and offering creative solutions, we are at the forefront of protecting and growing Visa’s brand and market share.
For this strategic role, we are looking for an Account Executive to manage named strategic partners and clients in the Netherlands and lead all activities of the extended Account Team to make sure we maximise both short-term and long-term impact to business of our clients and Visa. You will bring along strategic understanding of the payments market, curiosity to learn constantly and yet you are not afraid of being part of hands-on delivery. You’ll be based in Amsterdam and you can work partly from home office if you wish to do so.
What we expect, day to day:
- You will drive and grow the business of assigned issuing accounts and partners, delivery of the Visa growth targets and proactively developing the account strategies and plans working closely with, Country Manager and Function Leads.
- Support country manager with driving strategic market initiatives and lead on market insight
- Contribute to the annual business plans, budget and lead the account plan work for your clients, liaising with your relevant counterparts.
- You will build and develop strong relationships on all levels mainly with our issuing clients. You can naturally engage with client executives as well as specialists we work with.
- You have excellent knowledge of the payment landscape and will further develop understanding Visa products and services. Your background and drive will help you in identifying new opportunities and ensure our new services and solutions are part of client’s future roadmap.
- Everyone is a leader at Visa – as such you will communicate your expertise and specialist knowledge to less experienced members of the team, acting in a mentorship capacity where appropriate.
What we're after...
• Intellectual curiosity; willingness to understand and learn, with excellent knowledge and understanding of the payments business and/or financial services.
• Ability to understand client priorities and needs, quickly identify opportunities and propose solutions from all areas of the Visa offering.
• Previous Account Management experience. Deep knowledge and experience of the payments business and/or financial services sector.
• Having knowledge and/or experience of the Dutch payment market, regulation and market landscape; other industries where there are transferable learnings for example Telco, Insurance etc.
• Numerate with a good commercial acumen, the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions through business case development. Proven influencing, sales and negotiation skills from prior roles and experience. Experience from large RFP is a plus
• Excellent commercial acumen; having managed a P&L previously with focus on growth and business development would be a plus but is not essential
• Natural in prioritising and taking ownership
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with and influence stakeholders at all levels of seniority. Take complexity and simplify it for understanding of all
• Wide business network
• Must be fluent in Dutch and English.