Senior Manager, Large Market Business Solutions
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
The Visa Business Solution team enables payments solutions for Small Businesses, Large Enterprises and Government Clients in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific (AuNZSP), including small business card issuing, corporate cards, purchasing cards, virtual cards and non-card cross-border solutions. The team is focused on delivering to Visa’s key growth pillar, its “New Flows” growth strategy, which seeks to rapidly expand Visa’s share of the US$120 trillion B2B global payments market by helping businesses digitise payments.
The team is responsible for developing and delivering the Business Solutions strategy in AuNZSP, deploying products and solutions in markets and liaising with key clients in market. We push the limits of possibility to make business environments faster, smarter, and more connected. For companies of any size and in any industry, we create a more efficient payments infrastructure that flexes as their needs evolve. We design solutions to meet business objectives, creating ways to improve visibility and optimize cash flow, so businesses can confidently make smart decisions. And through our global reach, we deliver industry insights and technical expertise that empower them to succeed now and into the future.
Visa is the leading payments network in the Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific market and we have bold ambitions to accelerate growth in the region through expanding our relationships with established issuers, developing deeper partnerships with digital platforms and creating new issuing relationships with fintechs and neobanks.
This role requires the candidate to:
- Support our large market corporate and purchasing card issuer clients through:
- Regular portfolio reviews, analysing portfolio performance and advising on best practice to lift performance;
- Advocating portfolio optimisation initiatives such as product lifecycle management and spend & retention campaigns;
- Advocating new business solutions to enhance the client’s customer value proposition, including the addition of partner propositions;
- Liaising with each client’s product managers and their teams to advise on portfolio developments; and
- Assisting clients with business case development.
- Identify new revenue opportunities for Visa’s large market business portfolio, including:
- New prospective clients for issuing Corporate and Purchasing cards; and
- Value added services revenue from solutions, such as Visa Spend Clarity expense management, virtual cards and Data Services.
- Develop strong working relationships with:
- Heads of corporate and institutional payments at each of our corporate and purchasing issuer clients, as well as with key stakeholders for the small business payments segment;
- Visa’s Account Executive Management teams for our small business issuer clients;
- Visa’s expense management subsidiary, Fraedom and its in-market subject matter experts and sales team;
- Visa’s Global product teams and other small business specialists to share and learn best practices which we can apply to the AuNZSP market; and
- Other Visa stakeholders across the region and globe, including product, sales, client support, data & analytics, marketing and finance team members.
- Develop deep large market segment knowledge and provide payments thought leadership for the space, helping to evolve the large market payments strategy for Visa AuNZSP and helping Visa enable more small businesses to digitise payments.
- Actively contribute to key industry and government initiatives pertaining to the segment, such as e-invoicing and open data, including involvement in relevant webinars, roundtables and segment forums.
- Collaborate with Visa’s Account Executive Management teams regarding RFP responses, deal positioning, compliance to contracts and fulfilment of product implementations for clients.
- Keep up to date with trends and regulations that relate to the payment industry and maintain an awareness of competitor positioning.
This role requires a candidate who is excited by the opportunity to help digitise AuNZSP corporates payments.
- 6+ years’ experience at top-tier financial institutions, consulting firms, payments networks or financial services firms where you have developed and executed against sales and product strategies, with extensive experience in the large markets finance segment;
- A proven record of accomplishment of success with evidence of supporting high performance teams;
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills that can effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels to drive outcomes;
- The ability to translate analytics, research, and client/consumer needs into market insights, actionable plans and deliverables;
- Keen attention to detail and a commitment to continuous improvement; and
- Excellent written communication skills to draft presentations and reports to various audiences including internal stakeholders and clients.
There are a number of exciting new projects that will require your support, including:
- Acceleration of Visa’s partnerships with scaled B2B digital platforms, in particular working with ERP platforms;
- Roll out of virtual card solutions for Visa corporate and purchasing card customers; and
- Roll out of Visa’s refreshed expense management system, Visa Spend Clarity.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.