Analyst, Business Solutions
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
The Visa Business Solution team enables payments solutions for Small Businesses, Large Enterprises and Government Clients in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific (AuNZSP), including small business card issuing, corporate cards, purchasing cards, virtual cards and non-card cross-border solutions. The team is focused on delivering to Visa’s key growth pillar, its “New Flows” growth strategy, which seeks to rapidly expand Visa’s share of the US$120 trillion B2B global payments market by helping businesses digitise payments.
The team is responsible for developing and delivering the Business Solutions strategy in AuNZSP, deploying products and solutions in markets and liaising with key clients in market. We push the limits of possibility to make business environments faster, smarter, and more connected. For companies of any size and in any industry, we create a more efficient payments infrastructure that flexes as their needs evolve. We design solutions to meet business objectives, creating ways to improve visibility and optimize cash flow, so businesses can confidently make smart decisions. And through our global reach, we deliver industry insights and technical expertise that empower them to succeed now and into the future.
Visa is the leading payments network in the Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific market and we have bold ambitions to accelerate growth in the region through expanding our relationships with established issuers, developing deeper partnerships with digital platforms and creating new issuing relationships with fintechs and neobanks
This role requires the candidate to:
- Drive insights for clients through developing market and client specific intelligence on business payments trends and behaviours, leveraging Visa’s extensive data assets;
- Support sales activities through the presentation of these market insights to clients and partners, advocating new solutions to existing clients and pitching to new prospective clients;
- Drive client decision making and support client management activities through the presentation of client specific portfolio insights, advocating appropriate portfolio optimisation initiatives;
- Leverage these market insights and any client specific feedback from financial institutions and businesses to inform the strategic roadmap for Visa Business Solutions AuNZSP;
- Enhance the performance of Business Solutions AuNZSP through developing and maintaining robust internal reporting, coordinating with the Visa Finance team;
- Keep up to date with trends, developments and regulations that relate to the payment industry. Maintain an awareness of competitor positioning and the small business market landscape;
- Discover new business opportunities for Visa through developing your market knowledge of the B2B payments, fintech and neobank space; and
- Support investment decisions through the development of robust business cases for initiatives such as new product developments, new partnerships or marketing campaigns.
This role requires a candidate who is excited by the opportunity to help AuNZSP businesses digitise payments. You will need passion for AuNZSP business and a willingness to use your initiative and curiosity to drive insights that can transform this space.
- Experience at a top-tier financial institution, consulting firm, payments network or financial services firm where you have developed strategies and analysed data sets and markets;
- A proven record of accomplishment of success with evidence of supporting high performance teams;
- The ability to translate analytics, research, and client/consumer needs into market insights, actionable plans and deliverables;
- Strong analytical and data modelling skills, including advanced excel skills;
- Keen attention to detail and a commitment to continuous improvement;
- Excellent written communication skills to draft presentations and reports to various audiences including internal stakeholders and clients;
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills that can effectively engage and influence stakeholders at all levels to drive outcomes; and
- Collaboration skills as the role will require interaction with cross functional Visa stakeholders across the region and globe, including product, sales, client support, data & analytics, marketing and finance team members.
There are a number of exciting new projects that will require your support, including:
- Acceleration of Visa’s partnerships with scaled B2B digital platforms;
- Roll out of virtual card solutions for Visa small business customers; and
- Expansion of Visa’s Business Payments Service Provider solutions in AuNZSP
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.