Senior Manager - Digital Strategic Partnerships
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Digital Strategic Partnerships organization is responsible for driving Visa’s overall innovation agenda and initiatives and the business development of strategic partnerships with top Social Commerce Platform Partnerships, a highly dynamic area of the payments landscape.
Role overview and responsibilities:
- Ability to problem solve when things are ambiguous
- Passion for strategic thinking and execution, with ability to influence and excite others to collaborate
- Relentless about communication and positioning the value story to executives, clients, and x-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, commercial acumen and initiative taker
- Appetite for thinking big, and scaling Visa’s expansion with the social platform and commerce ecosystem
Responsibilities may include:
- Drive partnership development with the top & emerging global social media and content platforms, including TikTok, Snap, Twitter, Pinterest, Twitch, Clubhouse and others
- Identify and execute on strategic opportunities to influence and enable Visa payment solutions with key client stakeholders
- Develop and present Visa’s product value prop to power secure global money movement across the top social platforms, both direct and via channel partnerships including tokenization, acceptance, issuance and payouts
- Lead end-to-end deal negotiations in conjunction with team leads and Visa internal partners
- Develop critical partner ownership infrastructure, including client performance analysis, market expansion roadmaps, and account reviews
- Support day-to-day relationship management for strategic partners, expanding Visa’s reach with the partner across functional groups
- Conduct analysis of strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities that increases revenue for both parties through a deep understanding of the partner’s business and evolving industry context, including payment strategy
- Support strategic opportunities from proposal stage through implementation by providing project management and cross-functional coordination
- Provide regular reporting, analysis on relationship status to senior management
- Support business development efforts to engage with new innovative partners
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a PhD
- 4+ years business experience with related sales and management experience in the mobile, software, hardware or technology services industry
- Payments or financial services industry experience preferred
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Ability to influence and work within matrixed environment
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.