Sr. Manager Business Strategy and Operations
- Highlands Ranch, CO
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The DPS Product Strategy Team’s mission is to position the Visa DPS product portfolio for future success. In this new and growing team, this position both supports and leads the development of a variety of strategic initiatives for the Visa DPS Digital Issuer Processing Platform ranging from market expansion, to partnership management to new product development. This position is crucial to the business’s ability to establish its short, medium, and long-term plans in a highly dynamic industry and will be instrumental in guiding the product roadmap. This position requires both development of a strategy and support in executing the strategy. This person is a self-starter, comfortable taking an idea and “running with it” and seeks out opportunities to deliver value. This person is comfortable working independently and as part of a large cross-functional team. This person has a strong strategic and analytic orientation coupled with exceptional communication skills and a highly-developed collaborative nature. This person is comfortable in a large corporate setting but brings a “startup mentality” to get the job done. This position reports to the Director of Product Strategy.
- Cultivate and evaluate sources of market intelligence from intercompany and external sources to identify industry and market trends, competitive threats and possible business opportunities
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Visa DPS Issuer Processing portfolio and the broader Visa service offering to assess product-market fit and possible business opportunities
- Be a source of market intelligence in a highly dynamic and rapidly changing payment ecosystem and socialize insights on a recurring basis with internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally to cultivate new business opportunities
- Leveraging market intelligence, develop hypotheses for strategic initiatives and substantiate by developing business cases for leadership consideration
- Work closely with Product Management to translate business cases into commercial products and services and subsequently develop commercialization strategies
- Be able to compellingly articulate the value of Visa DPS Issuer Processing solutions to internal and external audiences (e.g. prospect clients) as part of a broader Sales team
- Develop and deliver presentations and documentation to both internal and external audiences in webinars and other venues regarding areas of product ownership
- Support Marketing in creating external content including Blog posts, webinar content and white papers
**In Colorado, the position starts at $98k Base pay and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- 5 years of experience in strategy or product management at financial services company focused on payments or comparable experience
- Experience with or demonstrated knowledge of emerging payment flows (e.g. digital payments, P2P, blockchain)
- Experience in evaluating companies in a M&A, partnership development, or venture investment capacity
- Ability to build cross-functional consensus among internal and external stakeholders to drive business results
- Proven ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to deliver value in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Ability build strong and productive relationships
- Comfortable in a large, matrixed organization
- Comfortable working with distributed teams across different time zones
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience developing presentation materials
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and influencing skills
- Knowledge in Agile and Scaled Agile Framework methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience communicating with an executive/senior leadership audience
- Experience writing content for publication (e.g. articles, white papers)
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% to 10% of the time
Colorado location ONLY:
The position starts at $100,500. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus and equity.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.