- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Are you excited to collaborate on the next generation of payment products and services? Do you want to write work that reaches globally, but still have close contact with your clients? Do you thrive in new, innovative, fast-growing product spaces? If that sounds like you—and you’re an accomplished Technical Writer— we’d like you to join us at Visa Installments.
Visa Installments is building new and innovative BNPL solutions that unite issuers and merchants to deliver a delightful experience for end users across our global markets. Strong, clear, accessible documentation is an essential part of our product: our customers rely on easy-to-use documentation to understand and integrate with our service.
We’re looking for a technical writer who enjoys working directly with in-house and with customer teams. You’ll be responsible for writing and delivering high-quality documentation that makes it easy for our customers to integrate Visa Installments and deliver a best-in-class service to their customers. You’ll also have scope to create new workflows, new tools, and new processes: bring your best ideas to make integrating with Visa Installments a genuine pleasure for our customers.
- Collaborate with VIS Product and Technical teams to understand upcoming product changes and translate them into user-friendly language;
- Document new features and APIs, and maintain existing documentation, including:
- REST API documentation (backed by Swagger/OpenAPI definitions);
- Batch file documentation;
- Callback & notification APIs;
- Manage Visa Installment’s other documentation, including service activation guides and service descriptions;
- Develop Visa Installments’ documentation plan and delivery process, to streamline the process of creating and adopting new features;
- Elevate Visa Installments’ documentation workflows by introducing best practices and new tools as you see fit.
5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or at least 4 years of work experience with an advanced degree;
- Experience with: DITA XML markup; Tridion Docs CMS.
- Experience creating automated documentation tools and workflows;
- Experience writing documentation other than API guides (such as product introductions or integration guides);
- Experience with payments software (not necessarily BNPL-specific).
- Experience documenting RESTful APIs, and consuming OpenAPI for REST API documentation;
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.