Director, Client Support Services, Technical Account Management
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Client Support Services, Technical Account Management team is tasked with supporting clients using Visa Digital products and services including, but not limited to, Click to Pay, Visa Token Service, Visa Direct and Visa Loyalty and Offers platforms. As Director, Technical Account Mgmt in Latin America and Caribbean, you will be responsible for providing integration and post-launch support to merchants and issuers, developers, and partners across the Global Enterprise, Mid and Small Business channels. You and your team will be responsible for providing technical support of a client through the integration of the Visa Digital products and offer post launch escalation technical support to all live issuers, merchants and partners. You will be expected to handle escalated support requests, working with other teams inside and outside the Client Services organization. We are looking to this Director to work closely with local and regional Senior Leadership Teams for Visa Token Solution to help build, lead, strategize, and grow the Technical Account Mgmt team in the LAC region.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Determine staffing requirements based on installed merchant/partner/issuer base, projected customer adds, and forecasted addition of product enhancements
- Recruit, hire and train new staff members to quickly and effectively bring them up to speed and help contribute to the team and organization
- Supervise and mentor direct reports on a daily basis by working as an escalation point on complex customer issues, providing guidance on possible strategies to take, and staying in tune with the active projects within the team
- Set employee goals and objectives to help grow the team and organization while also helping the employee achieve individual career goals
- Develop team to maximize potential by staying in tune with the strategy of the company and pushing the limits of the team to ensure they are helping to grow the business.
- Monitor individual performance through monthly 1 on 1’s, tracking goals, and conducting annual performance reviews
- Deliver direct, concise, and constructive feedback to employees with confidence
- Delegate specific work duties to the team to give them a vested interest in tasks outside of their own account assignments and ensure they are proactively working together as a team
- Be flexible enough to shift your strategy when needed.
- Plan and implement policies and practices to maximize operating efficiency
- Review performance metrics to monitor and measure productivity and goal progress
- Help drive the adoption and expand usage of Technical Account Mgmt in the Latin America and Caribbean region
- Present product demonstrations and act as subject matter expert on Visa Digital Products
- Act as primary technical point of contact for Issuers, merchants and partners addressing any technical challenges or issues they may have
- Work cross-functionally to drive support processes internally within the region
- Maintain global alignment between LAC region and rest of world
- Act as internal liaison between Visa clients and the Visa cross functional teams to ensure the needs within the region are being met within the products.
- Provide consultative guidance and best practices with regard to online payment processing
- Perform business analytics and performance monitoring of live Issuers, merchants and partners
- Educate clients on how ongoing enhancements of Visa services may benefit their business
- Participate in requirements, design, and roll out of new products and services
- Represent Client Services to other departments in the company including sales, operations, product management, and product development
- Partner with other internal teams to build relationships with technical and business contacts across the account portfolio
- Client-facing travel (international and domestic), ~20%
Key Knowledge Domains
- Credit card payments and payment systems
- eCommerce industry
- Web technologies and systems
- Mobile app development
- Team Leadership / People management
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- A minimum of 10 years in-depth technical experience in a technology company or web consulting business such as technical support, software development, or web development is preferred.
- Brazilian Portuguese language fluency required
- English language fluency mandatory
- Spanish language fluency highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Client facing experience
- Candidate must be a self-starter and have a disposition to work independently with a commitment to detail in an organized manner
- Experience working with minimal supervision, managing own time effectively and its direct reports across different countries
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms, shopping cart technologies, and/ or payment service providers (gateways) and acquirers.
- Understanding of mobile payments and architecture, including, NFC, TSMs, OTA, secure elements, contactless payments, online/remote payments, QR Codes, cloud based payments
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Executive-level written and verbal communication, and customer interaction skills
- Strong organization skills including resolution management and follow up
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with web-based software development technologies and APIs
- PLEASE PROVIDE A RESUME IN ENGLISH - THANK YOU!!!
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.