Senior Manager, Visa Consulting and Analytics, Australia
- Sydney NSW, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results.
What the Senior Manager, Client Consulting, Data and Seller Services does at Visa:
We are searching for an individual to lead business development and project delivery for Data and Seller service engagements with Merchants, Acquirers and other non-FI clients across Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. This role requires close collaboration with teams across Visa locally and regionally.
This role will have two core responsibilities:
· Build strong relationships with clients in order to understand their business and challenges
· Partner with functions across Visa (e.g., Data Science, Regional Centre’s of Excellence, Merchant Sales & Acquiring and Client Services) to collaboratively identify opportunities
· Establish fluency in Visa data services and communicate Visa value propositions for our clients
· Develop compelling client proposals to meet sales targets including pricing and delivery resource model requirements
· Support development and execution of a long-term Visa Data & Seller Services growth strategy including:
o Develop a broad understanding of issues and trends affecting the payments landscape
o Identify and prioritize client and market needs and tailor sales strategies that drive revenue growth and increase client satisfaction
o Identify and solve challenges to help us execute efficiently and effectively
o Document processes, key learnings and best practices that can be reused across the team
Project Management and Insight Delivery:
· Drive positive client outcomes by managing stakeholders and building relationships – across the client and Visa – to ensure effective and efficient project delivery
· Project manage client engagements including contracting and billing process
· Project and insight delivery including:
o Prepare project materials including interview guides, data requirements, concepts, frameworks
o Gather and managing project inputs
o Analyze data to form conclusions and recommendations
o Create compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly
o Playback results and success of programme to clients, leading to renewed contracts and programme extensions
Why this is important to Visa
With a rapid change in the payment landscape, new regulations around Open banking and Open data and the emergence of new Fintech players – the payment ecosystem is rapidly evolving and our clients are looking to Visa as the payment experts to help them navigate through the opportunities and challenges that these changes pose. Visa with its global reach and rich transaction data set is ideally positioned to help clients solve their strategic business problems and drive growth. This role will support a diverse range of clients (Merchants, Acquirers and other non-FI parties) across Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific market which will help to scale our Data and Seller Services practice and ultimately enable Visa’s ambition of diversifying our revenue.
What you will need:
· Strong commercial acumen and ability to construct / critique a business case
· Business development experience - Experience selling Analytic insights, data solutions, consulting and/or advisory services
· Ability to create and present client pitch proposals
· Experience leading project delivery while working with diverse resources and skill sets
· Excellent client engagement and relationship management skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - Consulting experience or aptitude to systematically apply consulting principles is a plus
· Strong team orientation with a collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style; able to work effectively in a matrixed organization
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
· Motivated by delivery and with a high attention to detail
An appreciation of statistical analysis, analytic methodologies, data science concepts and storytelling through data
What will also help:
· Experience in and passion for payments
· Experience working with diverse set of customers in the payments industry – in particular Merchants, Acquirers and Payment Enablers
· Experience working with Public Sector, Tourism, Loyalty and Analytics consulting organisations
· Past experience in project management, sales and/or consulting roles
· An understanding of statistical analysis, analytic methodologies, data science concepts - Proficient user of data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI is a plus
Projects you will be a part of:
This role will play a critical role in helping to grow our Data & Seller Services business, an emerging, fast growth, business line which is in high demand from Visa’s clients.
The nature of projects for this role are varied. This could include:
· Help clients’ shape their strategy including core business strategy
· Provide data-driven insights to inform growth opportunities through market segmentation and benchmarking
· Help clients identify opportunities to optimise their business operations
· Review clients’ commercial strategy and approach to pricing and suggests strategies to optimize profitability
· Benchmark clients’ performance and provide business intelligence beyond the data, including optimizing back-office processes, resource allocations and operational metrics
· Help clients drive end customer outcomes such as driving digital adoption and engagement