- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role is part of Platform as a Service (PaaS) organization, where you will be focused on developing DB as a Service (DBaaS) offerings. Design, Write and Deliver software to improve database reliability, availability, scalability latency and efficiency solutions. In addition, you will have opportunity to manage the complete lifecycle of databases and gain deeper understanding of multiple database technologies.
This includes, but is not limited to following:
- Develop API’s for Database as a Service Offerings
- Develop Python/Perl/Shell scripts for DB automation
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the best practices, architectural guidelines and policies
- Performing functional analysis of products by gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems, Database and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding – integration/operational challenges
- Experience working with any log analysis tools, Troubleshooting and observability applications
- Work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision
• 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4-5 years of software development experience with programming languages like Java, C++, GO
• Any experience developing Database-as-a-Service offerings will be a plus
• Good understanding of various configuration/settings for web applications
• Good understanding of databases technologies such as Oracle/MySQL and Postgres
• Experience with CI/CD pipeline and code versioning tools such as Git
• Good to Have Experience in Python/Perl scripting skills and experience in tools like Ansible
• Any contribution to PostgreSQL community will be a plus
• Good knowledge on UNIX platform skills and understanding of network, storage, tiered application environments and security