Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Java/Spring) (m/f/d)
- Munich, Germany
- ADMIN USE ONLY: Cybersource Hiring Campaign
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
You will be working on our platform for next generation customer present payments.
Being part of a mission team based out of Munich (Germany) and Poznan (Poland), you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end-to-end from our java backend microservices to our Java/Kotlin mobile SDK.
As all development teams in the organization are mission teams, you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end to end – implement, write tests, deploy and perform QA.
The ability to work with the team on delivering business requirements is essential for this position. You will take part in pair programming and code review sessions with other teammates.
You will be learning about the overall company architecture, services and their relations to understand the complete scene and be able to take active part in teams’ refinements and technical discussions.
- Implement backend services – both new ones as well as extend/support existing ones
- Design and define contracts between frontend and backend services
- Help adopting clean code and testing principles to the code that you and your colleagues produce
- Support the team with technical discussions and refinements
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Understanding of RESTful webservices and microservice architecture
- Experience developing Java-based microservices using Java and Spring Boot
- Understanding of the application development lifecycle, CI/CD
- Experience in writing maintainable code using TDD/BDD paradigms
- Understanding of the clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture
- Experience using containers and orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services – SNS, SQS, DynamoDB
- Experience working with relational SQL databases – MySQL, ORM
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- 40 hour per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.