Software Engineer - Sr Consultant level - Backend
- Munich, Germany
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be working on our platform for next generation customer present payments.
Being part of a mission team based out of Munich (Germany) and Poznan (Poland), you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end-to-end from our java backend microservices to our Java/Kotlin mobile SDK.
- You design and implement APIs between backend services and a mobile SDK and work together with the team on having business logic delivered end-to-end.
- You create a vision for the evolution of team owned services to make them ever more reliable, scalable and maintainable.
- You partner with our infrastructure engineers to meet the needs of our services via terraform.
- You implement comprehensive alerting and monitoring for our services.
- You suggest, drive and support improvements to the backend and mobile SDK APIs and architecture.
- You lead projects and can guide fellow engineers in complex technical topics.
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 9+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+years of experience with a PhD.
- Seasoned professional capable of tackling complex technical tasks independently.
- Deep understanding of Java, RESTful web-services and microservice architecture.
- Experience with using Java 11 and Spring boot.
- Experience with the application development lifecycle, CI/CD and proficiency in writing maintainable code using TDD/BDD paradigms.
- Good understanding of clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture.
- Familiarity with Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) and AWS.
- 40 hour per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.