Facilities Senior Project Manager
- Basingstoke, United Kingdom
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Facilities Senior Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Visa DCE&O Facilities department is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery and buildings. This function plans, budgets, and schedules facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labour, materials and other related costs. The facilities function designs organisational policies relevant to the facilities department and develops criteria and performance specifications required to meet unique operating requirements and building and safety s.
This role is a recognised expert within Visa responsible for contributing to the development of functional strategy. This is a people manager role responsible for management of resource accountable for 24x7 data centre operations plus supporting both large and small scale critical infrastructure project works.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Line management responsibility to Critical Engineering 24x7 shift team
- Management and new project delivery of Facilities environmental systems to include, but not limited to: Electrical Systems, Mechanical Systems, Fire Detection and suppression systems, Building Management System (BMS) for energy and environmental controls, and emergency backup systems.
- Support service delivery organizations to ensure contracted service level agreements and key performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- Provides design criteria and validates final engineering design, installation, modification and maintenance of information systems infrastructure equipment to meet Visa availability requirements.
- Attend project meetings proactively monitor project progress, identify potential delays. Resolve and\or report issues arising to prevent delays to project timeframes.
- Review subcontractor Safe Systems of Work for all project related activities.
- Provide support for the management and allocation of data hall power through liaison with other internal departments.
- Submit facilities related change requests, monitor progress and approve change management activities where required at all client sites, to ensure facilities activities are co-ordinated. Liaise with change management team.
- Promote and maintain a positive work ethic, be driven, self motivated and a strong team player.
What we’re after…
- Typically requires extensive large data centre technical experience
- HNC\ONC level education is essential, with good written and spoken English and excellent mathematical skills.
- Formal qualifications in Mechanical / Electrical engineering, ideally through an indentured apprenticeship.
- Knowledge of Safe Systems of Work - COSHH, Risk Assessments etc. Strong process knowledge. Project Management experience.
- Broad technical and functional knowledge of data centre and/or lab infrastructure to include electrical and mechanical systems, fire detection and protection systems, building management systems, equipment maintenance, space planning, construction of critical facilities environments.
- Understanding of HVAC and ASHRAE standards
- Demonstrated project management and problem analysis/resolution skills.
- Experience in managing technical consultants and maintaining project schedules and budgets and issuing RFPs write purchase orders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with effective presentation skills.
- Microsoft Office and AutoCAD literate
- Committed to the delivery of excellent customer service. Able to resolve issues with conflict, work under pressure and make sounds decisions when needed.
- Must be able to learn quickly and adapt to new solutions / programs / ideas
- Awareness of design, engineering, build processes for critical environment facilities
- General knowledge of government and regulatory requirements as it pertains to facility infrastructure
- Understanding of Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.