Staff Software Engineer - Backend (Java/Spring)
- Poznań, Poland
- ADMIN USE ONLY: Cybersource Hiring Campaign
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
You will be working on our platform for next generation customer present payments.
Being part of a mission team based out of Munich (Germany) and Poznan (Poland), you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end-to-end from our java backend microservices to our Java/Kotlin mobile SDK.
- You design and implement APIs between backend services and a mobile SDK and work together with the team on having business logic delivered end-to-end.
- You create a vision for the evolution of team owned services to make them ever more reliable, scalable and maintainable.
- You partner with our infrastructure engineers to meet the needs of our services via terraform.
- You implement comprehensive alerting and monitoring for our services.
- You suggest, drive and support improvements to the backend and mobile SDK APIs and architecture.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
- Deep understanding of Java, RESTful web-services and microservice architecture.
- Experience with using Java and Spring boot.
- Experience with the application development lifecycle, CI/CD and proficiency in writing maintainable code using TDD/BDD paradigms.
- Good understanding of clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture.
- Familiarity with Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes) and AWS
- 40 hour per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.