Senior Software Engineer - Backend (Java/Spring)
- Poznań, Poland
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be working on our platform for next generation customer present payments.
Being part of a mission team based out of Munich (Germany) and Poznan (Poland), you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end-to-end from our java backend microservices to our Java/Kotlin mobile SDK.
As all development teams in the organization are mission teams, you will be responsible for delivering functionalities end to end – implement, write tests, deploy and perform QA.
The ability to work with the team on delivering business requirements is essential for this position. You will take part in pair programming and code review sessions with other teammates.
You will be learning about the overall company architecture, services and their relations to understand the complete scene and be able to take active part in teams’ refinements and technical discussions.
- Implement backend services – both new ones as well as extend/support existing ones
- Design and define contracts between frontend and backend services
- Help adopting clean code and testing principles to the code that you and your colleagues produce
- Support the team with technical discussions and refinements
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Understanding of RESTful webservices and microservice architecture
- Experience developing Java-based microservices using Java and Spring Boot
- Understanding of the application development lifecycle, CI/CD
- Experience in writing maintainable code using TDD/BDD paradigms
- Understanding of the clean code principles – SOLID, KISS, DRY, Clean Architecture
- Experience using containers and orchestration – Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with Amazon Web Services – SNS, SQS, DynamoDB
- Experience working with relational SQL databases – MySQL, ORM
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- 40 hour per week
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.