Director, Client Services - Account Management
- Stockholm, Sweden
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors, and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa. This role is responsible for leading a team of account managers within client services in their delivery of proactive and reactive support for internal and external stakeholders providing insight and recommendations to optimise client portfolio performance.
This is a managerial role responsible for identifying and driving operational improvements and implementing recommendations through stakeholder engagement to ultimately drive increased service quality, revenue and efficiency for our clients.
- Develop and manage strategic planning, operational initiatives, and client-driven continuous improvement plans.
- Partner with client institutions and provide resources and expertise to structure effective programs to drive improvements, such as Authorisation Improvements.
- Effectively manage resources to coordinate directly with client to understand card program set up requirements and facilitate new card program installations, conversions and maintenance requests without client impact.
- Build a strong and cohesive team by providing leadership to Individual Contributors through coaching, setting strategic direction and applying working knowledge of Visa and Visa products, systems and procedures.
- Act as an Internal and external escalation point for complex and critical issues affecting cardholder and merchant acceptance.
- Partner with cross functional teams such as Product, Strategic Partners and Sales to proactively identify operational opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality, revenue, and efficiency.
- Build and enhance positive working relationships with key financial institutions, processors and internal stakeholders.
- Forecast and manage account management resources to accomplish Visa and client objectives and ensure processing system performance standards are met and that the client perspective is represented within the organization.
- Stay current with industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
- Deliver against key performance targets both internally and externally and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Partner with Product and Sales organisation to agree resources and meet pipeline opportunities
- Lead team to provide ongoing proactive operational reviews.
- Provides leadership to direct-reports, cross functional staff and management to ensure effective resolution of processing and business issues with potential of significant financial implications.
- Establish and foster relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff, senior and executive management. Provide thought leadership and strategic guidance during the solution development process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures, and staff are in place to provide outstanding client support.
- Achieve Client Satisfaction target (90%) and Net Promoter target (70%) and minimal approval rates.
- Influence and provide guidance to decision makers at staff, senior and executive management levels within client and Europe organizations.
- Drive problem and communication management for any critical issue affecting client, or client issue affecting Visa.
- Strong track record and proven experience of coaching, leading, and managing a team of technical and/or professional services professionals ideally within the Payments Industry
- Significant experience in setting and delivering against medium term strategy ideally in the Payments industry
- Significant functional experience in bankcard operations, preferably Visa, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent - Education (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels.
- In depth knowledge of Visa systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, Visa Settlement Service.
- Proven problem management skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses.
- Demonstrated, detailed knowledge of the full breadth of systems, products and services offered by Visa