Sr. Software Engineer (UI)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
You will be part of Data Platform, Platform-as-a-Services development team based on Bangalore, India where you will be responsible and accountable for developing software for a product tasked with managing logical and physical metadata artifacts such as business glossaries, table definitions, data pipelines and orchestration workflows for the Visa Data Platform. This platform will serve as an accelerator for other data engineers within Visa and will promote best practices for creating and delivering data to our customers.
Work will cover both backend REST APIs and frontend leveraging these REST APIs.
This position will report to the Director of Platform-as-a-Services development based in Bangalore, India.
- 4 yrs+ of experience in architecture design and development of large-scale data management platforms and data application with simple solutions
- A Full-Stack Developer with must have hands on coding and designing skills on
- React/Angular for front-end
- MVC (model-view-controller) for end-to-end development
- SQL/NoSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP/gRPC)
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Expertise in efficiently leveraging the power of distributed big data systems, including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, and etc.
- Deep knowledge and hands on experience on big data and cloud computing technologies.
- Good to have experience -Apache NiFi and Apache Spark for processing large data sets
- Strong service architecture and development experience with high performance and scalability
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition, ingestion and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required.
- Strong on driving for results and self-motivated, strong learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline required; advanced degree is a plus.
- Payment industry experience is a plus.