Senior Data Engineer
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Client and Administration Analytics Team support Visa's Business users in General Sales, Issuer Processing, Client Services and Global Contact Center Teams in providing access to data and insights from multiple applications.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing Data integration and Analytics solutions on relational databases (MS SQLserver) and/or Hadoop and use BI Tools like PowerBI and Tableau to provide insights on data. Based on deep understanding and knowledge of ETL and data engineering techniques, you will develop and maintain data and tools to provide self-service to Business users and data scientists to draw insights and build models.
- Work with Business stakeholders to understand Business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Understand application data, gain functional understanding and work on conceptual design of data pipelines and Dashboards/reports
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic data assets
- Build complex dashboards/reports
- Build and maintain a robust data engineering process and data pipelines to develop and implement self-serve data and tools for Visa’s data consumers and users
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Perform other tasks like researching new data sources, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Find opportunities to create, automate and scale repeatable analysis or build self-service tools for business users
- Present analysis results or insights from data to Business stakeholders
- Support Data models, reports and ETL pipelines in a DevOps Team
- Support, debug, and fix issues in Production
Successful candidates frequently have a mix of the following qualifications:
• Bachelors or Post graduate degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Information Science or a related discipline with strong technical experiences highly desired
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with Master’s degree or 5-6 years' experience with Bachelors in building ETL pipelines, utilizing big data engineering techniques or using Microsoft Technologies (Azure) to build Analytical solutions to solve business problems
• Strong Data analysis and SQL expertise and understanding of Relational data bases required
• Extensive experience with MS SQL server, ETL tools like SSIS, Pentaho, Informatica is required
• Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Power BI, Tableau, Microstrategy or other BI tools required
• Experience using FetchXML, DAX functions; building Power BI data models required
• Extensive experience with SQL and big data technologies (Hadoop, Python , Java, Spark, Hive, Presto, Kafka etc.) tools, Open source software for large scale data processing, data transformation and building machine learning pipelines
• Experience with embedding dashboards in MS Dynamics, Power apps, Power Automate, Azure Cloud components nice to have
• Experience working in a scrum team owning end to end solutions
• Presentation skills and good communication skills presenting insights to Business is highly desired.
• Familiarity or experience with data mining and statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is nice to have
• Previous exposure to financial services, credit cards or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required
• Strategic thinker and good business acumen to orient data engineering to the business needs of internal clients
• Demonstrated analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style