Staff Software Engineer, Security Product Engineering
- Ashburn, VA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. They seek to be the best-in-class at the physical, cyber security, network, application, and data security layers.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer in a senior role to join the Cybersecurity Products team, working out of Visa's office in Ashburn , VA. You will play a critical role by engineering and operationalizing cybersecurity products and services with a truly global impact.
• 7 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• Machine learning / data science background is a plus. Python is preferred should this skillset be present
• Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience in building web service RESTful APIs with Node.JS
• Experience in building Web UIs with Angular 8 and TypeScript
• Experience in Agile with Jira for software development and delivery
• Experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
• Hands-on experience with Linux (preferred) and Windows
• Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience with cybersecurity domain is a big plus
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.