Director, Financial Systems Strategy - Project Costing
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The FSS Director of Project Costing will use their extensive Financial Systems expertise to implement a Project Costing system to support various business initiatives. The role is expected to provide systems management oversight, oversee a portfolio of projects, and work with multiple Finance and Technology leaders to execute the Project Costing application strategy. Will provide systems project integration oversight, and partner with IT to provide guidance and management for the Finance functions related to an Enterprise Cost Capture/Accounting set of systems to help departments manage revenue and costs at a country level for various regional and corporate programs.
- Provide input for finance and how they can use various technologies to meet their requirements. Generate and evaluate multiple options, work closely with Senior Management to understand requirements, then work with IT to design and deliver/source the right solution.
- Manage the Initiative Capture/Cost Accounting planning effort to determine the approach and timelines for how new and existing technologies should be enhanced and integrated
- Work with Business Units, IT, and stakeholders to align on the execution approach and funding
- Manage the execution of the efforts to develop and integrate Initiative Capture/Cost Accounting technologies per the agreed upon options
- Provide input and guidance to implement enterprise Cost Accounting systems to support various cost capture efforts across business functions and portfolios
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts among projects across the business portfolios when devising the plan to implement the Enterprise Cost Accounting solutions
- Develop and manage the overall project schedule, coordinate across business lines, and drive business process change / redesign
- Responsible to ensure Business and functional requirements are complete; incorporated into the system; tested, and rolled out to the user communities
- Ensure that all projects follow Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls; and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project portfolio progress and their financial status
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigation, and change control processes, and communicate status to senior executives within the within development and business partner organizations
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects and strategists, technical IT subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
- Demonstrate and leverage strong business and financial acumen
- Influence customers and stakeholders, and properly manage divergent expectations
- Communicates and collaborates with other Finance Systems Strategy leaders to Design solutions that meet Business and Project expectations
- Perform Annual Performance Reviews
- Provide daily supervision and guidance
- Work closely with global teams, while maintaining a cost & quality focus
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree with a combination of Systems/Accounting/Finance concentration; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 3+ years of implementing/supporting Cost Accounting systems
- Experience supporting large projects (>$1M) budgets, risks, resources, and staffing
- Prior Financial Services Industry experience is required, with a deep understanding of the functional and technical aspects of ERP, Billing/Revenue, and Enterprise Cost Accounting systems.
- Proven analytical and reporting experience with Finance systems within a global organization
- 10+ years of financial systems implementation and project management experience required (e.g. eBusiness, Hyperion, SAP, or PeopleSoft).
- Experience working with Controllers, Billing, Financial Operations and Cost Accounting, Project Costing areas while contributing to senior management decision-making on how the technologies should be leveraged and integrated
- 4+ years at a Sr. Manager or above level, managing Finance applications functional teams or other Finance type teams managing some of the following types of systems: General Ledger; Fixed Assets; Accounts Payable; Project Costing; Procurement and Sourcing; Billing and Revenue; Budgeting and Forecasting; Consolidation; and various Analytical Reporting tools
- Must have experience leading project teams through all phases of the technology implementation lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, build, go-live, testing)
- Budget development and control skills are required
- Must be self-motivated and can lead and motivate others.
- Strong leadership and organization skills and management experience
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Should be able to work with offshore vendors and globally deployed resources
- Solid experience in working with external software vendors.
- Ability to communicate and work directly with business leaders across Finance and Technology
- Mature judgment and decision-making skills to deal with projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant financial and compliance impacts
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must possess organizational, problem-solving skills, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must possess the skills to use multi-level analysis and sound judgment to work through organizational and process issues
- Previous consulting experience is beneficial, or practice in driving direction across multiple lines of business
- Knowledge of the payments industry, in particular the card business within the banking environment, is desirable
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours in the Pacific Standard time zone
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Location: This role is based in Foster City, CA and will be onsite for a few days a week in accordance with a Hybrid work schedule.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.