Director, Specialized Sales-North America Data Products
- New York, NY, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Solutions Management, North America Data Products, you will be an integral part of Visa’s Data Products team, helping bridge client needs with relevant and impactful data products and solutions. You will do a mix of sales, product strategy, and analytics to craft solutions to meet strategic customer needs and focus on achieving client growth targets by working with Visa’s client sales and business development organizations to prospect likely customers, deliver sales presentations, and support the increase of Data Products’ client base.
As a Director, Specialized Sales, North America-Data Products, you will:
- Be responsible for the North American sales strategy for an assigned segment of clients.
- Assist with the go-to-market and commercialization of data products for North America.
- Leverage Visa’s portfolio of data products to identify business growth opportunities in new and existing clients.
- Work alongside a cross-functional team from Product, Sales and Business Development to build and drive strategic business goals for Visa.
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership along with influencing others within and outside of immediate business unit.
- Provide partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams to improve product feature offerings.
- Deliver sales presentations across Visa clients including Issuing, Acquiring, Cobrand, Merchant, Fintechs among others.
- Partner with Client Success and Operations personnel to insure a frictionless client journey experience.
- Consistently manage the sales pipeline and key metrics to provide ongoing visibility towards goals and accurate revenue forecasting.
- Responsible for managing small to medium sized projects and/or processes and provide guidance to other team members.
- Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to supporting team members.
• 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation are necessary. Active listening skills required
• Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers.
• Capable to converse effectively with technical and non-technical customers and internal teams.
• Strong data analysis. Micro strategy and Tableau hands on experience is a plus.
• Ability to engage in market research to interpret market trends to drive sales strategies.
• Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results.
• Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing payments products
• Experience at a SaaS company is preferred, but not required
• Experience Managing a territory including North America
• Financial industry experience is a large plus.
• Some travel is required.
We prefer candidates be located in one of our hubs---New York City, Foster City, Austin, Ashburn or Miami
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.