Director, Specialized Sales - North America Data Products
- Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Director, Specialized Sales, North America-Data Products, you will be an integral part of Visa’s Data Products team, helping bridge client needs with relevant and impactful data products and solutions. You will do a mix of sales, product strategy, and analytics to craft solutions to meet strategic customer needs and focus on achieving client growth targets by working with Visa’s client sales and business development organizations to prospect likely customers, deliver sales presentations, and support the increase of Data Products’ client base.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of previous experience selling data product related solutions with an advance degree in Business or Information Technology and has experience with managing clients within a data and/or software-as-a-service business.
As a Director, Specialized Sales, North America-Data Products, you will:
- Be responsible for North America sales strategy for an assigned segment of clients.
- Assist with the go-to-market and commercialization of data products for North America.
- Leverage Visa’s portfolio of data products to identify business growth opportunities in new and existing clients.
- Work alongside a cross-functional team from Product, Sales and Business Development to build and drive strategic business goals for Visa.
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership along with influencing others within and outside of immediate business unit.
- Provide partner feedback to internal cross-functional teams to improve product feature offerings.
- Deliver sales presentations across Visa clients including Issuing, Acquiring, Cobrand, Merchant, Fintechs among others.
- Partner with Client Success and Operations personnel to insure a frictionless client journey experience.
- Consistently manage the sales pipeline and key metrics to provide ongoing visibility towards goals and accurate revenue forecasting.
- Responsible for managing small to medium sized projects and/or processes and provide guidance to other team members.
- Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to supporting team members.
• 10-12 years of related work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of related experience with an Advanced Degree (Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related technical field) or 6+ years of related work experience with a PhD
• Experience managing a territory including North America
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation are necessary. Active listening skills required
• Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and suppliers.
• Capable to converse effectively with technical and non-technical customers and internal teams
• Strong data analysis. Micro strategy and Tableau hands on experience is a plus
• Ability to engage in market research to interpret market trends to drive sales strategies
• Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
• Self-starter with a bias toward action and proven track record for successfully developing, building, launching and commercializing payments products
• Experience at a SaaS company is preferred, but not required
• Financial industry experience is a large plus
• Some travel is required
This position is open to any U.S. location.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.