Crypto & Fintech Product Communications Director
- San Francisco, CA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a Director of Communications to drive visibility for Visa’s fintech and crypto product team. This is an opportunity to support an exciting area of Visa’s business and shape storylines at the top of the global media agenda.
In this role you’ll work closely with the product team and Visa’s senior leadership to position Visa as the partner of choice for the fintech and crypto ecosystem. The right candidate will have the drive and curiosity to dig in on complex topics and the writing and storytelling skills to bring them to life across owned, earned, and shared media.
This role will be an individual contributor - and will report to the Senior Director, Global Product Communications.
**Please submit a short statement of interest along with your resume and indicate your background in crypto to help our team ! **
- Global and NA Communications support for Fintech & Crypto product teams.
- Build and execute communications plans, taking ownership of strategy, planning as well as tactics and outcomes.
- Develop relationships with key influencers and media following fintech, crypto and the payments ecosystem.
- Manage global coordination with our regional communications teams—keeping colleagues informed of developments and announcements and supporting efforts to amplify news across multiple regions.
- Build strong internal relationships with business partners—including the product, legal, investor relations, and government engagement teams.
- Work with Visa’s fintech and crypto partners to manage third-party initiatives and announcements
- Train executives as required on message development and presentation delivery.
- Assist in creation of written materials, including releases, blog posts, fact sheets, executive briefing materials, opinion pieces, and related campaign assets.
- Collaborate with the corporate digital content team to leverage social media channels to amplify campaigns and support core media relations activities – have a digital first mindset
- Assist with budget tracking, opening scope of work requests, managing and reconciling purchase orders and monthly invoice management.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting into the Sr Director of Global Product Communcations.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years public relations experience, ideally a mix of agency and in-house roles
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Highly effective project management skills and proven track-record of managing projects within a highly matrixed organization or teams
- Comfortable collaborating – you’re at home working with cross-functional teammates whether they sit in marketing, legal or government relations
- Proactive self-starter and problem-solver– doesn’t wait for direction
- Sense of humor and passion to do great work!
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.