Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (IAM)
- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is responsible for securing employee access to our core applications in the most efficient, compliant and user-friendly manner, innovatively using the latest industry standards and tools. Our goal is to become the gold standard for IAM worldwide, and we are already on our way, recently winning Oracle’s annual Identity Management Innovation award.
Visa's IAM eco-system includes an extensive, and highly customized, rich Identity Management platform implementation. The team has successfully implemented many of the core components. However, we have many features yet to be designed and integrated in order to achieve an acceptable level of coverage.
With the additional features and the goal of extensive coverage comes a higher level of complexity, criticality, overall usage, and dependency on the environment.
We are seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Systems Administrator to become a member of our Global team of IAM experts to lead and influence further development, operations, and support of the IAM environment as well as interfacing with stakeholders and O&I at a highly technical level. .
The successful candidate will have a fundamental understanding of networking and security concepts as well as hands-on in-depth experience with a programming/scripting language. In addition, the candidate should possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues, and the willingness to take on challenges.
- Undergraduate degree or Master in CS, Engineering, related field.
- 5-10 years’ experience in system administration
- 5+ Years of experience administering Linux and/or Windows
- 3+ Years of experience with a programming/scripting language such as Java, Unix Shell, C#, PowerShell, or Perl
- 5+ Years of experience of troubleshooting application in complex network environment, and writing situation report to prevent future occurrence of event.
- 5+ Years administering, troubleshooting, and optimizing High Availability solutions.
- 3+ Years performing code deployments into a Linux/Application server environment
- 3+ Years of database management/integration experience; Microsoft and/or Oracle
- 5+ Years assisting with disaster recovery planning
- 3+ Years of project lead
Key responsibilities and qualifications
- Design and conduct project to implement Bastion solution.
- Design and implement Service activity reports.
- Design and implement monitoring tools for IAM solution outage, performance degradation or reported service errors.
- Design and implement installation and patching mechanism for self-healing solutions or bulk platform install/updates.
- Perform maintenance and implementation of Bastion solution.
- Perform analysis of IAM related incidents, including Data analysis
- Documentation of the root cause.
- Manage infrastructure using Load Balancers and DNS mapping solutions.
- Design, improve and conduct disaster recovery plan.
- Assist with code deployments (design and test plan review)
- Work closely with Management, Development team, and the Quality Assurance team to communicate issues and proposed solutions
- Strong understanding of network protocols and network security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to engage with peers, stakeholders, and customers to provide incident support
- Excellent organizational skills; able to work with a vast array of information and able to cope with rapidly changing information
- Work within a globally distributed team of IAM team members and customers; sometimes having to provide support outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
- Operations experience in an enterprise Identity Solution environment is a must.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.