Sr, Director, Product Management (Fraud/Risk)
- Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
*** Position can be in either Foster City, CA or Austin, TX ***
The Senior Director, Fraud Management is responsible for the strategy, commercialization, and delivery of Cybersource’s flagship fraud product, Decision Manager. This individual will have a deep understanding of the “DM” product line, a knowledge of how its components interact with Cybersource’s broader payment and risk solution offerings today and the ability to articulate the future vision of the broader risk suite. By working closely with Sales, Marketing, and other Product Managers across all Visa constituents, you will ensure the business fully supports the distribution of Decision Manager via all possible channels and regions.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for solving for the risk needs of our customers in today’s dynamic fraud environment. They should be able to envision, design, test and deliver the appropriate customer-centric solutions that enable business growth for our clients. They should have a firm understanding of both the client (merchant) and consumer experience as it relates to fraud mitigation techniques. This includes their engagement with our fraud tools, the interrelationship between fraud prevention and authorization processes as well as the interplay between fraud prevention systems and authentication protection. Having a viewpoint that is built upon a solid understanding of how risk solutions and consumer expectations for online payments have evolved over the last decade will be central to their ability to succeed.
Significant experience in fraud prevention and product strategy is a critical qualification. They should have had ‘hands on’ experience developing, configuring and commercializing fraud solutions that are designed for the digital merchant community. The candidate must be a creative problem solver who works well in a highly collaborative environment, can bring structure to ideation teams, and has an ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization. The candidate must be able to demonstrate specific Cybersource fraud product expertise to both internal and external clients. Experience working with technical and product development teams in an Agile environment will also be critical to achieving their goals.
The Senior Director will be responsible for establishing and executing strategic fraud prevention initiatives. They will report on Decision Manager’s development and commercial progress to senior executives. They will also represent Decision Manager directly with merchants and partners in strategic sales situations. Their primary objective will be to drive optimal financial results for both the Decision Manager product line and the clients which it serves. Accordingly, they will ensure that the product vision, strategy and roadmaps are closely aligned and well-articulated to customers, prospects and partners, as well as internally within Visa.
As a senior product manager, the candidate must have a proven history of managing risk-based products through phases of a product’s lifecycle – from concept through management and ultimately sunset- is essential. In addition to real-world experience and instinct, they should have the ability to leverage well-structured empirical models and financial artifacts to support their business plans and strategy.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build great relationships generate consensus and promote excitement and enthusiasm while bridging fraud initiatives and client priorities are critical qualities for success. This person will focus on working not only internally to deliver breakthrough results, but also externally evangelizing those results to the global marketplace. Above all, this person must intrinsically be a champion for Cybersource’s risk products and promote usage within the company and to global clients. This position may require occasional travel to client sites and Visa locations around the globe.
- Lead the product strategy efforts for Decision Manager serving enterprise merchants, acquirers and technology partners.
- Drive end-to-end product portfolio management including synthesizing market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation, communication, and customer enablement.
- Partner with Decision Manager technical leadership and product development teams in delivering new feature functionality to market.
- Prioritize, plan and oversee new product introduction initiatives that support the business strategy and enable growth.
- Manage product investment budgets and forecasts. Lead continuous product planning and portfolio management in support of global business strategy and operations.
- Collaborate with global and regional leadership, as well as sales and business development functions to define go-to-market strategies and develop integrated global roadmaps.
- Actively contribute to the vision for the future of the Cybersource product portfolio and inspire customers, partners and employees.
- Represent the business and product management in client engagements and industry events. Evangelize the value and differentiation of Decision Manager and the broader Cybersource risk product portfolio within the payments ecosystem.
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
• 10+ years’ experience in Product Strategy and/or Management with increasing levels of demonstrated people-leadership responsibilities.
• Direct, hands-on experience with development, deployment and configuration of SaaS fraud tools such as Decision Manager within a merchant or acquirer context to meet particular risk management objectives.
• Expert in fraud management tools, methods and analytics.
• Experience evangelizing, marketing and commercializing fraud products at scale.
• Specific industry experience in digital commerce and with responsibility for managing risk products including distribution across a variety of devices and implementation methods.
• Understanding payments, fraud and authentication landscape and ability to translate product strategy into executable plans.
• Exceedingly strong passion for payment fraud space, data management and analysis.
• 15 or more years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD); PhD with 9+ years of experience
• Confident public speaker, experienced in media engagement and social platform vehicles
• Able to build relationships and gain exposure to internal and external client leadership teams through demonstrating key domain expertise.
• In-depth knowledge of Visa and CyberSource risk products with the ability to identify potential synergies gained through partnership offerings, or market gaps.
• Strong track record in working with risk products that have had tangible and quantifiable benefits to merchants, i.e. reducing fraud cases, liability shift, etc.
• Familiarity with current risk threat vectors associated with small- and mid-size businesses
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.