Product Support Engineer
- Melbourne VIC, Australia
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What a Product Support Engineer does at Visa:
The Product Support Engineer (PSE) is the third line support function within Cybersource. It carries responsibility for low-level investigation of service deficiencies and enhancement requests. The role liaises regularly with numerous departments internally at all levels including Value Added Services, Settlement and Reporting, Product Development, Product Management, Operations, and their equivalent entities globally. The role will troubleshoot all service faults and enhancement requests raised by the Cybersource Customer Support team, offering response and resolution within agreed service level targets.
Work streams covered by this role are scheduled, proactive & reactive in nature making this one of the most varied & flexible roles within the company. The role carries implicit seniority, so whilst there is no management of staff, the candidate will be required to offer training and coaching to junior engineers and present technical issues to non-technical colleagues at all levels within the organization. This role reports into the Director, Product Support Engineering.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Field escalated tickets from Cybersource Support teams globally.
- Act as technical escalation point for client issues, both internally and, where required, externally.
- Investigate 3rd line issues arising from our client's use of Cybersource's service in line with our agreed SLA.
- Liaise internationally with junior engineers and Technical Account Managers (TAMs) to report on issues affecting the service relationship with all tiers of merchant.
- Incident Management - Represent Client Services on Incidents and manage both internal and external communication.
- Coordinate the international escalation of service issues across time zones to ensure timely resolution of client requests and to optimize service continuity.
- Liaise with Account Managers and the senior management team to provide optimal service to our merchants and occasionally share the ownership of the service relationship with the merchant as required.
- Answer internal enquiries directed toward the support team of a technical and account related nature.
- Educate both junior engineers and non-technical staff through training and presentation.
- Deliver client experience advice and feedback to internal development and product teams to ensure optimum product usability.
- Achieve and maintain status as SME across one or more of the Cybersource and/or Visa product lines.
Why this is important to Visa?
The SME function within Cybersource is a crucial role in ensuring that various stakeholders are aware of new challenges, products and requirements within an ever-changing landscape. Aside from supporting Incidents the SME function will underline requirements, as well as training for new products and improvements, enhancements and bugs. With a specialised knowledge set of Merchant services offered, the SME role is uniquely positioned to support most internal stakeholders in a variety of functions.
What you will need:
We are looking for an individual who brings breadth of experience, a curiosity about payments, is results-driven and client focused. As a candidate, you should have:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience customer support role in software, financial or information services industry
- Prior experience of a 2nd/3rd line support role
- Must be able to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent projects and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with cross-functional/cross-departmental and virtual teams
- Self-starter with strong organization and resolution management skills
- Strong understanding of technical concepts
- Some programming experience (Java, REST, C/C++, Perl, etc.), and markup languages (HTML, XML)
- Basic network troubleshooting experience
What will also help:
- Consulting experience
- Payment industry experience
- Card present / EMV knowledge
- Risk mitigation methodology experience is strongly preferred
- Should be experienced with working in matrixed organisations
- Understanding of Cybersource products and services will be beneficial
- Networking experience
- Incident Management experience