Senior Data Engineer (Data Product Development)
- Singapore, Singapore
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of Loyalty & Marketing Services team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
- Responsible for the design, development and implementation.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
- Academics : Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Curiosity : A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity : The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
• 4+ years of software design and development experience
• Must have strong experience on Java/Scala and Spark.
• Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in building large-scale applications using open source technologies.
• Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions. Expertise in Big Data technologies in Hadoop ecosystem –Spark, Hive.
• Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems