Business Analyst, AP Cross Border & Sales Excellence
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The AP XB and Sales Excellence Team is responsible for leading 3 key strategic priorities for the organization: (1) Run the AP XB Business Unit and lead key strategic projects / partnerships across the region, (2) Drive efficiency and effectiveness of the sales function through Account Planning, Pipeline Management and effective use of existing CRM and knowledge management platforms, and (3) Lead Sales Transformation in collaboration with Visa University to deliver training programs at scale aligned to the IDDEA Sales Methodology. As such, the team focuses on activities that drive the business on hand today as well as on strategic priorities that will shape the organization of tomorrow. We are a highly networked and collaborative team that works closely with all country teams and functions on several diverse projects at any given time. For us to successfully deliver value to our stakeholders, team members are required to be nimble, be able to multi-task, constructively challenge the status quo and collaborate / communicate effectively across all geographies.
What a Business Analyst does at Visa:
Business Analyst role in the AP Cross Border & Sales Excellence team sits within the Presidents Organization, and reports into the Senior Director of Cross Border & Sales Excellence. Based ideally at Visa's regional headquarters in Singapore (Robinson Road), the role will also work very closely with Asia Pacific VP and Head of Cross-Border and Sales Excellence. The role has a strong focus on co-leading, monitoring and measuring the effectiveness and reach of all regional initiatives based on strategy, project manage and deliver key initiatives as well as lead the management reporting of the sales pipeline across all AP markets. Core deliverables are as below:
- Partner with global and cross-functional partners to identify, evaluate and execute key regional initiatives across Asia Pacific. Examples includes developing new Cross Border propositions, account planning & reviews, sales training programs, client facing narratives, etc.
- Develop and manage an integrated view of the sales pipeline across Asia Pacific that includes working closely with the market Sales Excellence leaders to develop the tracking infrastructure and providing periodic reporting as required.
- Liaise with global teams on program structuring and drive co-ordination, communication and collaboration on key priorities and lead the regional delivery of global programs
Why this is important to Visa
The ideal candidate will ensure consistency in program management and execution of key priorities across both Cross Border and Sales Excellence. Together with the regional and market leads, they will co-own key priorities for the region and ensure focused & consistent execution. In doing so, they will regularly liaise with regional and global leaders to present their work as well as rally executive endorsement for critical deliverables through their periodic reporting.
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will possess strong relationship, project management and governance experience in addition to, but not ideally, a solid knowledge of the payments industry. The role is best suited for a candidate who has a strategic mindset, has strong project management skills, and can seamlessly collaborate across sales and functional teams at all levels including senior management. Key attributes to be successful in this role are:
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible business experience in project management, sales operations, strategy, business planning or client-facing roles
- Proven customer service orientation, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Ability to define strategic needs of the business and provide appropriate management reporting to senior leadership team. Proven track record of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in leading, directing and facilitating complex projects that drive change management in the organization and promote sales efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience in successfully utilising project and portfolio management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities demonstrating success in conveying messages across a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to work and adapt in a dynamic environment whilst simultaneously delivering the plan
- Some travel will be required from time to time
What will also help:
- Prior experience in the banking/financial services sector and knowledge of card payments industry, its products, services, and technologies while useful is not essential.
Projects you will be a part of:
Some of the projects that await the selected candidate are:
- ‘Return to Travel’ strategy & growth partnerships
- Ideate, solicit & incubate new vertical partnerships
- New Sales Training Program Development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.