Pricing Analyst – AP Pricing Strategy
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Asia Pacific (AP) Pricing Strategy team at Visa is responsible for managing Visa’s pricing for network and value-added services on a regional basis. We are a small but impactful team embedded into the wider global Visa Pricing & Interchange organization which works with leaders and executives globally to design pricing solutions and drive revenue growth.
What a Pricing Analyst does at Visa
The Pricing Analyst will support work streams on projects related to Visa Inc.’s pricing strategy and/or broader corporate initiatives, including collaborating with business lines across Visa’s Asia Pacific region and functional areas. Specific projects will vary greatly in sponsor, business or strategic focus, depth, and stakeholder served, ranging from broad coordination efforts across multiple countries and/or functional areas to focused special assignments for senior management that are of high strategic importance to Visa Inc.
The position requires the ability to apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve business problems, and quickly arrive at recommendations that drive corporate priorities. The Pricing Analyst will report to the Head of AP Pricing and will be based at Visa's offices in Singapore.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Contribute and help formulate the overall pricing strategy for Asia Pacific at both country and product level
- Co-lead project workstreams related to Visa Inc. pricing strategy, business development, or related corporate initiatives
- Collaborate with global and regional product owners to develop pricing solutions for value-added services and solutions, including custom client rates
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analyses to derive the financial impact of new pricing opportunities utilizing client and market data on a country and regional basis
- Build and maintain competitive knowledge, to provide solid foundational context for critical pricing projects
- Coordinate with global and regional peers on global pricing initiatives
Project examples you will be a part of
- Management of the regional AP pricing governance process to ensure cross-functional alignment and well formulated pricing proposals to support management decision-making
- Review of market pricing strategy across the region to understand priorities and co-create pricing strategies to achieve revenue and growth targets
- Impact tracking and progress monitoring for key pricing initiatives across the AP region
Why this is important to Visa
AP Pricing Strategy is responsible for managing pricing with the objective of driving growth, adoption and revenue growth for Visa’s network and value-added services in the region. Pricing is a critical lever in driving these objectives and is central to Visa’s business.
What you will need for this role
We are looking for an individual with a structured mindset, curiosity about the payments industry, is results-driven, and client focused. As an ideal candidate, you should have:
- Strong academics (min. bachelor’s degree) from a recognized institution, preferably in Finance, Economics, or related quantitative field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience within strategy consulting or financial services
- The aptitude to grasp new concepts and effectively produce results
- Exceptional problem-solving skills – an analytical, innovative, and creative mindset
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively deal with diverse internal clients and teams
- A self-starter attitude able to work independently capable to meet individual delivery deadlines
What will also help
- Basic understanding of the payment network business model
- Preferably 2-3 years of work experience in the areas of pricing management, business planning or (sales) finance, previous payments industry exposure considered as a big plus
- Advanced user of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with business intelligence / data visualization tools, e.g., Tableau dashboards
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.