Sr Software Engineer - Java Backend - Visa Direct
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role involves extensive hands-on activities. Here are key job responsibilities –
- Understand the Payments industry and where Visa Direct fits in the ecosystem
- Understand the business initiatives and their importance to the growth of Visa Direct.
- Develop a good understanding of the Visa Direct technology platform.
- Collaborate with product owners and technical staff globally to define requirements for new features and enhancements to the platform.
- Evaluate technical options and provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop an end-to-end solution.
- Actively participate in defining architecture and creating solution documents; be hands-on with low level design, code review, coding and unit testing activities.
- Take ownership and lead the engineering responsibility for components of the platform.
- Coordinate engineering activities across the delivery of the project and work with engineers to ensure they are delivering efficiently and to high quality standards.
- Ability to identify and manage risks at all stages of the project.
- Adherence to practices such as continuous integration, security, code reviews, code coverage, code quality and shift left practices.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 3+ years of Software Development Experience.
- Proven track record of having led and delivered complex projects where complexity is a function of a combination of these factors – domain knowledge, distributed architecture, technical stack, influencing and collaborating with multiple technology partners and business partners
- Ability to understand the requirements and independently design and enterprise applications.
- Proficiency in Java 8+ (Core Java, memory management, concurrency, functional programming) and you have experience with REST APIs, JSON and exposure to container based technologies.
- Experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Triton, Chef, Sonar, Clover, JUnit, Mockito.
- Experience with shift left practices.
- Experience with performance testing your applications.
- Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.