Employee Relations Manager
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking an Employee Relations (ER) Manager in Bangalore to lead the ER function in India and to provide expertise in performance management and case management across all levels in the organization. The ER Manager will work closely with global and regional ER counterparts and serve as a trusted partner to effectively manage complex employee relations cases, provide employee and management coaching, facilitate performance improvement plans, manage sensitive matters and investigations primarily for India based employees. In addition, this role will also help with any global and regional ER needs as necessary, and lead specific ER projects in India and globally.
This role requires an employee relations background and understanding of local employment laws and regulations. This role requires exceptional communication and interpersonal skills that enables the individual to work successfully across the organization.
Conduct workplace investigations in complex situations demonstrating effective listening, probing and investigatory skills with the ability to synthesize data, identify root problems/causes, and recommend actions to resolve in partnership with the Legal team and Business Conduct Office.
Provide expertise and case management of ER issues, including performance management, from initial intake to resolution, received from HR call center, managers, HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and employees.
Provide consultation, guidance and coaching to senior leaders, managers and HRBPs to address employee behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions which aligns with Visa’s policies, approach, practices, and processes.
Track, report, analyze and track ER data and trends to proactively create a positive organizational culture and builds manager capabilities, including external trends and best practices.
Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers.
Recommend and drive local handbook and policy updates.
Provide consultative support for the resolution of a variety of matters including addressing challenging situations.
Partner HRBPs to address gaps in performance including drafting and reviewing performance improvement plans, written warnings, and facilitating the necessary communications to drive an effective outcome.
Foster a client-focused environment and mindset to ensure delivery of an exceptional employee experience.
Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives.
Provide coaching to department leaders, offering feedback and advice on employee and organizational issues in a proactive, empathetic and compassionate manner.
Uncover, assess opportunities, and propose solutions for HR process improvements.
Lead and support cross functional ER and HR projects, regional and global initiatives as needed.
What you will need:
• Excellent written and verbal communication is a must, including the ability to interface with others in a positive, approachable and professional manner. Strong persuasion and conflict resolution skills.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
• Minimum 6-8+ years of progressive HR or Employment Law experience, with 2-3 years in employee relations.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Detail-oriented and robust case management skills with excellent follow-through abilities.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees, managers and executives.
• Demonstrated understanding of corporate protocol, and ability to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
• Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity and professionalism.
• Team player. Highly collaborative, and comfortable working within a matrix environment including HRBPS, internal legal partners, compliance and more broadly across HR.
• Good judgment, strong common sense, and excellent attention to detail.
What Will help:
• Global experience.
• Superior case management experience including the development of investigation plans, effective interview techniques, note taking, recommendations and case closure.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking/problem solving skills.
• Strong knowledge of local employment law and practices, policies, law and regulations.
• Ability to execute both strategic and tactical priorities and operate in the grey areas.
• MBA/MA and SHRM/PHR Certification preferred.