Staff Software Engineer – Integrated Solutions
- Reading, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Staff Software Engineer – Integrated Solutions, you will be part of Merchant and Acquirer Processing (MAP) Product Development (PD) Group within the Visa Technology Organization to help design, enhance and build solutions across payment acceptance, payment security, payment analytics and fraud management integrated with Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solutions. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will lead teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient real time and batching systems. You must be a self-starter, detail-oriented, have the ability to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment, and be able to prioritize multiple demands. You will be responsible for creating and implementing best practices, finding areas of improvements, and coordinating multiple work streams.
- Work closely with ISVs, developers, architects, technical product managers, product managers, system administrators, project managers, business analysts and end users on designing, delivering and supporting integrated solutions
- Dissect ecosystem that makes up a solution for bottlenecks and issues
- Continually evolve our development processes to become faster and more automated
- Partner with Technology and Security Governance to evaluate and translate changes and execute towards compliance
- Be a Security & Quality Champion for organization, installing best practices and standards, creating automated gates in our CI/CD pipeline for quality, security, and performance
- Create Projects, Features, and Stories for Technology driven projects and initiatives
- Evaluate and develop PoCs for new technologies
- Develop reusable libraries and frameworks
- Prepare technical material and give technical presentations to stakeholders
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse
- Utilize automation to ensure our solutions meets our rigorous availability and resiliency expectations
- Work with Operations to ensure there is proper coverages through monitoring and alerting to address issues before our users escalate them
- Provide instrumentation that collects valuable metrics and KPIs used in making key decisions.
- Stay up to date with security trends and keep our solution up to date with patches and free of security findings.
- Demonstrable experience designing/architecting software and infrastructure solutions
- Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling, requirements elaboration, data modeling, and business use case and user interface prototyping
- Advanced knowledge with translating business requirements into technical designs
- Highly proficient with Continuous Integration / Delivery framework (CI/CD), release and change management, Sprint based agile delivery
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and time zones
- Experience with Card Present and Card-not-present ISV solutions highly preferred
- Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing considered a plus