Senior Manager, Managed Services – Visa Consulting & Analytics, Sub Saharan Africa (SSA)
- Nairobi, Kenya
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting and analytics, the consulting arm of Visa, is a global team of industry experts in strategy, marketing, operations, risk and economics consulting, with decades of experience in the payments industry.
As part of its consulting service line, VCA is looking to build out Managed Services which is a full cycle solution for the implementation of enterprise programs and portfolio strategies, ensuring strategy implementation through profitable lifecycle marketing campaigns and portfolio management execution. Managed Services acts as a true extension of Visa Clients’ team bringing together expertise, capabilities, resources and scale to enhance performance and increase profitability.
The Senior Manager, will lead the delivery of Managed Services offerings to our clients. This role will combine commercial intelligence with Visa’s data assets, proprietary analytical solutions, cutting edge digital platforms, campaign capabilities, best practices and partnerships to enable personalized, relevant and engaging interactions.
- Lead the implementation initiatives with important Visa clients and provide direction to the different tracks of the programme (e.g., programme management, stakeholder engagement, etc)
- Coordination and active management of the client assuring the value delivered, meeting Visa’s high standards and to client’s satisfaction
- Provide high level visibility and drive strategic initiatives for the programme, reporting progress into the relevant functions, maintaining governance and oversight
- Coordination with the Visa Hub teams in terms of best practices and state-of-the-art transactional data analysis
- Drive the Design, Plan, Execution and Engagement for a successful project execution with the client. This could mean defining & designing what the overall strategy will look like, building out the strategy requirements, live strategy implementation and conversion of card customers, as well as executing the post-conversion tracking and performance measurement
- Project managing the delivery strategies of developed solutions with a true entrepreneurial spirit and ensure collaboration and overall integration between programme tracks. Managing the delivery of third party vendors
- Understand our clients’ business objectives, needs, plans, etc. together with the Account Management Team
- Identify opportunities and improvements to grow the business of our clients
- Develop and propose appropriate project approaches and business solutions to the client
- Provide Thought Leadership knowledge and projects regarding the future of payment and retail banking to our client
- Leverage Visa’s innovation, product and data capabilities to further grow our clients’ business by working together with the VCA and product teams
- Build and retain Visa Consulting relationships with our client
- Generate ideas and opportunities for future engagements with the client
- Support the overall go-to-market strategy for Managed Services
- Substantial experience in retail banking and/or payment card industry
- Experience in end-to-end product implementations and/or marketing campaign executions
- Solid understanding of delivery techniques, methodologies, and best practices. Hands-on experience with Waterfall and Agile frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) is beneficial
- High intellectual capability evidenced by excellent analytical skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of tools and the use of data insights for business growth in a digital and technology-driven environment
- Excellent client relationship management skills (also on senior executive level and across all levels of an organization)
- Excellent sales orientation, experience selling major projects/ideas to senior management
- Fluent in English – both verbally and written
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) including an ability to comprehend and convey technical information
- High levels of integrity and business ethics
- Willingness to maintain professional development
• Minimum 7+ years of progressive experience, a combination of regional and global experience strongly desired.
• Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative or business field
• Willingness to travel