IT Service Manager, Consultant - Visa Payments Limited
- London, United Kingdom
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Ltd, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Ltd Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network. One of the fastest growing global Fintech businesses the Group also provides tailored FX and payment solutions direct to corporates through its Visa Payments Ltd FX brand.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Ltd and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as an IT Service Manager, Consultant, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Reporting directly to the Technology Governance lead within the Visa Payments Ltd (VPL) Technology team, the IT Service Manager will be responsible for all aspects of service management across change, incident, problem and configuration management while maintaining a healthy introduction of enhancement and improvements to the team.
The Technology Governance team maintains a keen focus on the delivery of all ongoing initiatives which are managed through the provision of Technical Programme and Project Managers plus Scrum Masters and IT Service Management.
A keen knowledge and understanding of the IT infrastructure components (servers, network, storage, middleware/database, application software and data centre facilities) and processes followed in software development and IT operations, as well some of the tools used to implement and manage them.
Setting standards and controls whilst understanding and aligning to Visa’s global technology processes and procedures is key with the integration gathering pace. This role will govern the constant change of our IT systems, reducing the risk and bringing stability to our services and ensuring alignment to Visa as part of the ongoing integration.
The candidate must have mid-level experience leading technical incident, change and problem management processes.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Supports VPL’s IT Change Management Process supporting the education of users, monitoring compliance, continually assessing and improving the Change Management process.
- Chair the Change Advisory Board (CAB) process and associated reporting while identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Monitor metrics and drive continuous infrastructure and application improvement to achieve SLA and KPI for Change Management.
- Measure the performance of the Change Management process with comprehensive metrics and reporting, promoting positive and actionable behavioural changes.
- Works with process owners and stakeholders to re-engineer then to be simple, nimble, repeatable, measurable, achievable and continuously improved.
- Manage relationships with other process management teams to ensure consistency.
- Work with the requirements, documentation, and training teams so process improvements are implemented, documented, and users are trained in their use.
- Evangelises the virtues of IT process management, creating a collaborative environment.
- Enhances knowledge of the field through participation in professional organisations and self-study.
- Liaise in written and verbal forms with peers and other areas of the business, presenting to Senior Management where required to gain support.
- Provide audit and compliance support for all internal and external audits for the Incident process.
- Work closely with Visa’s Global Operational Command Centre’s to understand and align to Incident and Change Management process.
- Define Incident and Change Priority levels in conjunction with the business.
- Work with process owners and stakeholders to re-engineer processes to be simple, nimble, repeatable, measurable, achievable and continuously improved.
What we’re after…
- Substantial experience in IT Service Management or IT Operations.
- Experience in IT Change Management (including reviewing Change Requests for authorisation, facilitating CAB meetings, producing Change Management metrics and KPIs, etc.).
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal and problem-solving skills required
- ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Experience using and administering ticketing tools such as Service Now.
- High level technical understanding of IT services and their components such as servers, networks, database/middleware, data centre facilities, and software development lifecycle.
- Good presentation and communications skills across multiple levels of the organisation, including senior management.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently.
- Leads technical discussions and resolves conflicts seamlessly.
- Ability to lead and self-manage projects and tasks.
- Ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new processes with an eye for detail and improvements.
- Organised and be able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable teamworking attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal).
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.