System Administrator, Endpoint Operations Support
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Endpoint Operations supports the Visa-developed software running on Visa-owned compute infrastructure - ensuring the reliability, availability and security of consumer digital commerce. This infrastructure provides our Financial Institutions / Clients connecting to Transaction Processing services their first electronic contact with Visa. When the server is located at the Client site Endpoint Operations also deals with provisioning life-cycle and maintenance of the appliances.
As an Individual Contributor of the endpoint operations teams, you will work with a team of System Administrators responsible to monitor, maintain, mitigate and remediation of any issues that impact our service to the clients 24 hour, 7 days a week
You are responsible for the technical, managerial and service delivery aspect of the endpoint operations support team. Your responsibility includes planning team schedule, workload distribution, lead troubleshooting call, managing incident queue, provide reports for incident and performance matrix measure against team goal and Service Level Agreement. As this is a technical and hands on role, you will be required at times to step in and get involve in technical troubleshooting and lead troubleshooting call as incident commander. You will report the the Vice President in US and work with him to help the team grow and develop.
Your standard working hours is India time Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. However, there will be time where you may need to work outside of the standard hours due to operation needs and to meet with senior management and teammate working in other timezone. There are occasional need to travel outside of US to work for projects or workshops but this should be minimum.
We are looking for self-motivated individual who are passionate about system stability and high availability, automation and self-service development.
- Oversees and monitors day to day transaction processing and/or servicing in order to achieve optimal productivity by managing workload volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Coordinates complex operational issues and/or resolution of client escalations.
- Motivate and inspire team member reporting to you and helping them on their career development.
- Demonstrate Visa Leadership Principles to lead, inspire, engage and delivery as One team at One Visa.
- Provide reporting to management and identify opportunities for improvement, automation, exploring new ways of doing things.
- Developing team technical capability and soft skills.
• 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 1 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
• 2 years of Unix/Linux experience
• Candidates with Systems Administrator experience responsible to monitor, maintain, mitigate and remediation of any issues that impact our service to the clients 24 hour, 7 days a week
• Capable of conversing with both Technical and Business management and staff and of interpreting between the two sides
• Basic understanding of Shell Scripting, Programming or Scripting Language preferred
• Good understanding of Web Representational State Transfer (REST) , TCP/IP, and HTTP
• Understanding of message switching applications, System Admin (RHCSA/CE) preferred