Technical Applications Analyst - Big Data Testing
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
At Visa, the Corporate Information Technology, Billing & Incentives Platforms team, enables Visa's revenue growth through flexible pricing engines and global revenue platforms built on next-generation technologies. This includes managing system requirements, evaluating cutting-edge technologies, design, development, integration, quality assurance, implementation and maintenance of corporate revenue applications. The team works closely with business owners of these services to deliver customer developed solutions, as well as implement industry leading packaged software. This team has embarked on a major transformational journey to build and implement best of breed revenue and billing applications to transform our business as well as technology.
The candidate should enjoy working on diverse technologies and should be excited to take initiatives to solve complex business problems; and get the job done while taking on new challenges. You should thrive in team-oriented and fast-paced environments where each team-member is vital to the overall success of the projects.
- Configuring, testing, and analyzing large volume high performant financial applications.
- Perform analysis for large volume of data across multiple systems for driving insights or for finding anomalies or root cause of specific issues.
- Work with business stakeholders, TPMs and Product Managers to clarify and elaborate the requirements and turn them into comprehensive test plans and test scenarios.
- Executing test cases, prepare test data and analyzing testing outputs.
- Perform walkthrough of data analysis and testing results with finance business partners.
- For the issues identified, do a detailed root cause analysis, fix configuration issues.
- Build test data generation tools and scripts.
- Design and build automation tools/scripts for data analysis, bulk data comparisons/validations, pattern recognition and monitoring.
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, business rules, product designs and schedules.
- Manage complex application dependencies.
- Support agile activities: sprint planning, stand ups, sprint review and sprint retrospective.
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service levels.
- Productively work with stakeholders in multiple countries and time zones.
- With active engagement, collaboration, effective communication, quality, integrity, and reliable delivery; develop and maintain a trusted and valued relationship with the team, customers and business partners.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or other Engineering discipline.
• 5+ years in analyzing, testing and debugging large data centric and batch-process oriented applications.
• Expertise in understanding complex data models and writing complex database queries and scripts for RDBMS (like Oracle), Hadoop (like HBase, Hive etc) and NoSQL (like MongoDB).
• Must have working knowledge on Hadoop and Unix.
• Hands on experience in shell scripting.
• Hands on experience in testing, analyzing, and debugging applications built on diverse modern technologies like Hadoop, Java, Spark etc.
• Experience working with business stakeholders to clarify and elaborate the requirements.
• Experience writing test cases, creating test data, performing testing and analyzing outputs.
• Must be highly self-motivated with strong organizational skills and outstanding analytical skills.
• Expertise with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and project/requirements management tools like JIRA.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must have.
• Enjoy working fast and smart, and able to grasp complex concepts and functionalities.
• Prior experience in testing and/or supporting Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) Batches will be a plus.
• Business domain knowledge in the areas of financial management including billing, account receivables and revenue reporting is a plus.
• Proficiency using Advanced excel for data analysis will be a plus.
• Experience building automation tools and test automation solutions using advanced scripting, Python, Postman, Typescript, Cucumber, and other testing and code quality tools will be a plus.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
This position will require up to 10% travel