Senior Software Test Engineer - Debit
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Essential Functions – As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, creating and executing test plans and test cases for the Debit Processing Services applications. You will be responsible for reviewing requirements, assessing the appropriate course for testing, executing to those plans and ensuring all anomalies and issues are addressed appropriately.
You will be executing and analyzing manual tests, existing automated tests and growing and updating the automated test suites as functionality, products and technologies continue to evolve.
- Demonstrate Visa's core values, maintaining a delivery-focused approach
- Cultivate, support and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, collaboration and innovation
- Design, create, execute and report on functional tests against multiple applications, services and projects
- Create systems and test documentation per organizational standards
- Ensure compliance with audit and security requirements for all testing activities
- Actively seek opportunities to evolve and improve the existing standards and practices to improve efficiency
- Identify and document software/system defects in a clear, timely manner
- Assume responsibility for following up and ensuring identified defects are resolved and validated
- Identify and troubleshoot system, integration or operability issues working with other departments as needed
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork
- Work with business representatives, IT Management, IT Development, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and high quality deliverables
- Coordinate and collaborate with our globally distributed team
- Create, modify and improve automated test suites
• 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree
• 3+ years of automated testing experience
• 4+ years of experience in software test/test engineering
• 2+ years of manual testing experience required
• 3+ years of EFT experience
• Tandem/Connex Advantage experience
• Mainframe experience
• ATM experience
• General business knowledge of EFT, Debit and Transaction Processing
• Strong understanding and knowledge of Software Engineering concepts and methodologies
• Strong understanding of Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
• Experience with formal test management tools such as Application Lifecycle Management, Quality Center or equivalent
• Experience with a formal defect tracking tool/application such as Jira or equivalent
• Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language including but not limited to Java, C++, C#
• Experience with at least one Big Data technology such as Hadoop, Hive, Kafka or similar
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills with deep understanding of customer relations
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong ability to work independently and self-manage
• Must be able to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines
• Proven ability to make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines