Senior Manager, Product & Solutions Lead NZ
- Auckland, New Zealand
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a passionate, client-focused, Capability Lead for our New Zealand Product & Solutions team.
This team lead Visa’s efforts in New Zealand and the South Pacific to bring new customer payment experiences to life for our clients and partners. We are champions of Human Centric Design methodologies, focusing our solutions on responding to customer insights.
Based in Auckland, the Capability Lead, will be responsible for assessing, localising and deploying a range of payment-related capabilities for use by Visa’s financial institution and fintech clients. The role works in close collaboration with Visa teams across NZ, Australia and globally to bring the best of Visa’s capabilities to clients.
What a Product & Solutions Lead does at Visa:
The successful candidate must be able to flex their approach and communication to suit a broad range of stakeholders, from technically-minded product specialists to commercially focused Executives, making this a highly diverse opportunity. Overview of key aspects of the role:
Curiosity to proactively understand Visa’s products and capabilities, how they solve customer and client pain points and the commercial dynamics that underpin them. Then articulate this value across the stakeholder landscape.
Experience is utilising data to provide meaningful insights and identify opportunities that are customer-focused.
Apply creative and strategic thinking to development and delivery of Visa’s capabilities across the market, including commercial go-to-market approach.
Use influence and problem solving skills to support delivery of key partnership initiatives, such as design and implementation o new products and capabilities.
Accountability and management of initiatives, reporting of progress and identifying opportunities for optimisation of an approach or process.
Collaborate with broader Visa team, locally and regionally, to identify additional opportunities for the client to drive growth, support the client to achieve objectives and inform product development.
Fluency with current industry and client trends and maintain a strong knowledge of Visa products and services.
Take full responsible for own workflow assignments and take the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines, seeking out solutions and providing recommendations.
• 5+ years of commercial experience in either product management roles, project management, consulting, or data analysis and insight development.
• A strong understanding and curiosity of technology and its impact on business, digital trends and human-centred design.
• Strategic thinking and program development that considers multiple internal and external dynamics.
• Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and bringing structure to challenging situations.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with proven abilities in negotiating, influencing and effectively communicating concepts to customers and colleagues at all levels.
• Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems, viewing complicated tasks as engaging or motivating.
• Ability to set priorities, manage customer expectations and drive mutually beneficial outcomes.
• Comfortable with collaboration tools, such as Sharepoint, MS Teams, MS Planner and Salesforce.
• Degree qualified.