- London, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
Visa is heavily investing in its Global Design Team to help support its growing digital product line. Visa Global Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Design Engineering, Design Operations, Design Strategy, and Research & Accessibility. We are looking for a Design Lead to join our team.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa's products and services. Our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
In this role, you will manage a team and model excellent design principles. The Design Lead is an experienced people manager who will be responsible for designing usable, accessible and engaging user experiences.
What we expect of you, day to day:
- Be an advocate for our users.
- Design usable, accessible and engaging digital experiences.
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
- Own and make design decisions based on a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design principles.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional product and business teams and build upon their vision using sound design principles to ensure alignment and project success.
- Capture requirements, design flows, wireframes, prototypes and fully fleshed out designs.
- Document designs and consult with engineers to ensure they are built and function as intended.
- Effectively demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for the strategic oversight of product lines.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff.
What we’re after…
- Significant proven previous work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, or proven previous work experience with an Advanced Degree or equivalent (e.g. Masters/MFA/MBA) – preferably working in agencies, digital product, or established startups.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field
- Subject matter expertise in Interaction Design.
- Subject matter expertise in Accessibility (WCAG) a plus.
- Experience launching world-class digital products and services.
- Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus.
- Proficiency designing high-fidelity mockups using Figma, Sketch or other industry tools.
- Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Framer, InVision or other industry tools.
- Experience in running client engagements, demonstrating excellence in presentation polish, and strong client orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail.
- Fully fluent in English and able to understand and be easily understood in spoken and written English.
- Ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to self-manage time and work independently or as part of a product team.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and system thinking.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
Less than 20% travel required
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.