Software Innovation Senior Director
- London, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
Are you passionate about conceptualising, nurturing, developing and proving new ideas and developing them into new solutions? Would you like to help create the next major innovation in and around the payment landscape pioneering and leveraging the most advanced devices, hardware and software in the world, anything and everything in and around world's largest payment ecosystem? Are you able to deal with ambiguity and take just a concept to product realisation?
We're looking for a seasoned individual to drive game-changing innovation in and around Visa's partner eco-system for Europe region. You should have experience building multi-skilled teams capable of rapid prototyping of new ideas. You and your team will be at the forefront of strategic partnerships, breakthrough technologies, new ideas, hackathons, demos and rapid prototyping. You will work closely with business development teams, product management, partners and internal technology teams and cross- leverage engineering talent internally and externally.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Overall accountable for technology needs for London Innovation center and European regional products.
- Establish the charter of the organization work with Product VPs and Head of the Europe Innovation Center and ensure solid delivery in the region.
- Partner with the European product leadership team to align the region with Visa product design and development process.
- Create momentum for change and successfully deliver key technical solutions and platform services in support of emerging market needs
- Quickly ramp-up on different product that exists within Visa
- Drive rapid prototyping cycles for both demo-able concepts as well as live pilots, all within Visa's security and operation excellence framework.
- Lead a small team of directs and leverage global teams for technical requirements, software designs, programming, debugging, and optimization. Work alongside and collaborate with UX, broader (and global) engineering, and partner teams to deliver products, features, services, and tools
- Wear multiple hats as needed including Architect, Technical Product manager, and Developer. Able to help with design, vendor integration, and connecting regional needs with different technology organization with Visa.
- Communicate with the breadth of stakeholders to ensure priority and visibility to the work team is driving.
What we're after...
- Extensive experience of software development / engineering leadership and delivery; at least 5 of which are in senior management roles
- Engineering excellence and ability to manage the full spectrum of technology functions with direct experience leading a global/regional organization
- Passion for innovation, new ideas, quick prototyping, and new technologies.
- Technical hands on skills, ideally in multiple technology stacks for web development, APIs and Mobile application development on diverse platforms
- Experience of influencing senior leadership and product design to drive digital / technology advancements within the product stack
- Able to collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in a multinational matrix environment to plan, develop and deliver projects in order to create change in the payments industry
- Strong people leader, with demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, develop and inspire high-caliber talent and large global cross-functional teams
- Creator of an environment where accountability is expected and valued
- Excellent communicator, able to develop, document, and explain the technology strategy to diverse audiences, both technology and business, from executives to staff. Able to drive consensus across diverse, global technology and business stakeholders
- Enjoys working at a fast pace, be self-directed, and able to manage multiple concurrent competing challenges, issues, and priorities
- Experience and openness to work in global/distributed development setting.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and maintain composure under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Courageous innovation: creative and resourceful in overcoming barriers and unexpected roadblocks
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable with ambiguous and change-led environments; self-confident with an authentic style that gravitates to championing change
- Eager to seek a challenge and expand frontiers; brings a visionary approach. Sets and meets a high bar of goals and principles.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and drive for excellence
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Digital, mobile, and payments product development experience strongly preferred
- Deep technical understanding of current and future trends within the payments industry and ability to develop and execute a strategy that leverages new technology to support overall applications evolution and business performance