Senior Finance Manager - Controllership - Polish Speaking
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This new role will be responsible for managing the Finance Controllership function for a cluster of Continental European countries. These legal entities are in the process of being incorporated as part of an expansion of the VISA entity footprint throughout Europe. This role has responsibility for all related Financial Reporting and Internal Controls as well as broader Financial Stewardship.
The cluster Finance Controller will report to the Director, Financial Accounting and Reporting – Europe Controllership to oversee the accounting and financial control for the clusters and countries. The role will ensure the timely and accurate capture of financial information/output necessary for effective management decisions, and in compliance with US GAAP, local statutory laws and accounting standards, corporate policies/procedures and key controls.
Additionally, this role will challenge the ‘status quo’ and act as a change agent to drive process efficiencies without compromising on control standards.
- Work effectively across the cluster countries interacting with all local teams, giving direction and guidance where necessary.
- Overall responsibility for the accounting close process for the cluster countries to ensure high quality accounting accuracy, timely and meaningful reporting, and compliance to US GAAP, SEC and SOX requirements.
- Train, support, guide and monitor the cluster units’ conduct of business transactions to ensure compliance with local applicable accounting standards, laws, policies and procedures.
- Ownership of financial change management initiatives within clusters including system implementation projects and associated process improvements.
- Work closely with the business, Sourcing, FP&A, Operations Support and other stakeholders to influence and drive issue resolution and initiate changes to enhance internal control and efficiency. Manage cashbooks to minimum requirements.
- Drive the required changes, lead process improvements and work collaboratively with senior management and various stakeholders. This group will include Compliance, Human Resources, Legal, Business and others.
- Where required, manage the financial statement external audit including completion of audited financial statements, management discussion and analysis for all group entities falling under the clusters.
- Manage relations with professional service providers (currently EY) for production and filing of statutory reporting items according to required timelines. This includes initial establishment of entities and the required engagement with EY and auditors.
- Responsibility for local aspects of any VAT accounting and reporting.
- Creation and development of monthly cluster Balance Sheet process with accompanying explanations and analysis. This would include initial work on Fixed Assets reporting.
- Management of the month end process, including: Good accounting of accruals with sufficient evidence, bookkeeping, and overall OPEX tracking.
- Drive awareness on Supplier onboarding requirements and train relevant parties to ensure that all the suppliers and purchases in clusters comply with Visas internal policy
- Support in Concur, ARIBA and all expense related issues to cluster employees.
- Work with the Europe Accounting teams, when required, to implement new financial accounting policies and procedures.
- Review accuracy of cluster and countries P&L and Balance sheet.
- Managing external and internal auditors in the execution of their financial review and audit cluster trial balances.
- Work closely with UK HUB finance team and other European cluster Controllers to deliver against all Controllership objectives.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English and Polish
- Progressive experience in audit, financial reporting or accounting operations.
- Good knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and broad internal control requirements.
- Strong knowledge and experience with US GAAP, IFRS, along with experience in preparation of statutory financial reports.
- Ability to work well under pressure; strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and support business objectives while effectively balancing risk/reward trade-offs.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure in a complex and diverse, international and multi-cultural environment.
- Self-directed and motivated to continuously improve processes to exceed customer expectations and help promote a best-in-class organization.
- Proven process leadership skills, with the ability and willingness to instigate and support change initiatives.
- Customer focused, results driven and can ‘lead by example’.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Big 4 public accounting and audit experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related discipline; Advanced Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- Previous team leadership experience, managing more junior team members.
- Knowledge of Tax transfer pricing strategies.
- Project management experience and related skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials
- Experience of systems implementation and process migration
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development and growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee and professional accreditation from ACCA and CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe’s high standards of staff training and development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees and Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA and CIMA
- Simplified CPD and performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications and support
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.