Strategy and Planning Manager, UK&I
- London, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Strategy and Planning Analyst, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Strategy and Market Operations group’s mission is to create vision and plan for growth in the UK&I, deliver against our strategic initiatives and create commercial constructs and acumen that will enable Visa to offer continued value to new and traditional clients. Collectively the team is responsible for a wide range of areas including Strategy & Planning, Market Development Cross Border, Market Delivery, Commercial Deals, Sales Operations and Client Engagement.
This position is within the Strategy & Planning team, focused on formulating and updating the market strategy; gathering strategic intelligence, multi-year business planning, setting and monitoring key performance indicators and delivery of management information tools. The position reports to the Head of Strategy and Business Planning and can be based in London or Dublin.
What we expect of you, day to day:
• Drive analysis on strategic initiatives related to Visa’s UK&I market growth strategy
• Build external client narratives around a shared payment strategy or Visa’s Vision
• Support client pitches for new business or renewal
• Monitor the evolution of the payments industry, competitive landscape, new technology developments and regulatory environment
• Help structure and solve ad hoc business problems as they emerge, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues
• Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations
• Ensure strategic and financial soundness of recommendations
• Play a key role in supporting the development of the UK&I team’s multi-year plans, building detailed business cases
• Support the yearly performance target setting process (July to November) and AOP
• Ongoing Performance tracking – monitor performance against UK&I targets, UK and Ireland targets (all year)
• Populate, check and disseminate account level scorecards each month (all year)
• Support production of monthly Management Information pack
• Collaborate with leaders across various functions and interact effectively in a matrix organization
What we're after..
- Excellent strategy expertise, with demonstrated experience in a leading strategy consultancy or in a strategy role for a corporate preferred
- Experience in and/or exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Superior analytical skills – comfortable building excel models and analyzing large sets of data. Knowledge / experience of using Visa information systems and dashboards would be a plus
- Track record of delivering strategic initiatives and moving work streams forward in a dynamic, fast-paced, and often ambiguous working environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders at both senior and junior levels and lead cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects
- Ability to influence people, plan, prioritize and track execution across cross-functional partners
- Thought leadership and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to lead sophisticated financial modelling
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior executives and external business partners, both written and verbal
- Self-starter, results-focused, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible