Merchant and Acceptance Account Executive
- Lisbon, Portugal
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is hiring for a Cross-Functional Account Executive for the Merchant & Acquirer organization in the Southern Cluster. As a member of the Merchant & Acquirer team, the selected candidate will be a key contributor for expanding acceptance, growing usage and creating profitable partnerships with Seller entities (Acquirers, Payfacs, etc) in Portugal .
The candidate will be working in tandem with internal partners to execute growth opportunities, drive acceptance and engage with key Acquirers, Payfacs in order to deliver sustainable revenue growth.
- Develop collaborative relations with multiple partners and clients, and work with them to identify new opportunities that help grow their business through comprehensive analysis from client data. Expected to be proactive in gathering information & data from different sources (e.g. market research, public information, client reports and internal tool.
- Engage with cross functional colleagues and lead virtual teams to deliver the right client responses and endeavoring to break down silos and work together as “One Visa”
- Drive market-specific initiatives aligned with global/regional Cross Border acquiring
- Influence and partner management teams in a knowledgeable and impactful way; seeking insights into opportunities or risks to their business to help Visa find the right solution.
- Support on the execution of strategies that position the business to shape and capitalise on emerging customer and market needs.
- Prepare proposals and support on the negotiating contractual relationships with Acquirers, PSPs, PayFacs for accepting and deploying Visa products and services.
- Strong business experience with related sales and management experience in the payments industry or similar experience in consulting.
- Demonstrated experience with Acquirer or PSPs
- Strong industry knowledge of POS and eCommerce acceptance solutions.
- Strong knowledge of Operational and IT payment processing environments
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Business Analysis Skills (research and analyse market and client information to tell a story)
- Strong financial acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelors Degree; MBA preferred, or hold equivalent professional experience
- Consulting Experience is a plus
- Marketing Experience/ Communications – PR, Social Media, etc.