Software Engineer - Full Stack
- Basingstoke, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our team works together to build a wide variety of web experiences that power, extend, and showcase Visa's internal Cloud platform, such as requesting and managing VMs, physical servers, Containers, workflow automation tools, graphs and visualizations for relationships/utilization and a whole lot more. As a part of this team, you'll create efficient and reusable systems with extensive test coverage and modern technologies. You'll also work in a rapidly iterative environment where we prototype new user interfaces and ship new code frequently. Ultimately, you'll have the opportunity to own projects by driving architectural, product and technological decisions.
- Work independently, driving projects end to end and provide guidance to junior developers
- Develop scalable, distributed, multi-threaded applications using Java/Spring
- Build tools to report on status of operations and performance
- Build automated tests and enable continuous delivery of the platform components
- Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development, and code reviews
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices, and development methodologies
- Create documentation and procedures for development, deployment, and maintenance
- Provide management, technical leadership and mentoring of team members
- Foster business partnerships, develop trust with partners and stakeholders, understand business needs particularly within the context of Visa's core business, and seek to enable their business success
- Should be able to able to look at the code and suggest optimization techniques
- Should have the ability to work independently and be a team player
- Actively contribute to capacity planning and disaster recovery exercises. Support in triaging and troubleshooting of application issues r in a production environment
- Monitor application performance, optimize performance bottlenecks, and usage to create an application capacity model
• Full stack developer with experience of building REST based web services & web applications using Java/C# and/or Spring framework/Web API
• Knowledge in UI frameworks like AngularJS / React
• Hands on experience in design and development of Java-based, enterprise quality web applications
• Experience writing unit and integration test cases
• Solid understanding of object-oriented design and programming concepts
• Experience of building complex multi-threaded software.
• Experience in infrastructure automation/PaaS
• Experience in using Scrum model for software delivery
• Extensive hands-on experience with Linux and Windows
• Process oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices
• Collaborate and articulate design and delivery decisions
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills