Sr. UI Engineer
- Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Sr. UI Engineer on the Core UI Engineering team, you will contribute to delivering new capabilities, functionalities, products, and services through web portals via our homegrown UI Platform. Our UI Platform that enables hundreds of other developers to be productive in building out UI. This includes building out scaffolding tools, libraries, and frameworks that other UI Engineers can use.
You are proactive, energetic, and passionate about the UI space. Issues, problems, and challenges are an opportunity for you to improve our UI Platform overall. You stay up to date with emerging Web Front-End technologies and are eager to share that knowledge with your teammates from around the world.
- Work independently to deliver on complex UI requirements and UI Platform upgrades
- Lead a small team to deliver new UI modules and web portals
- Stand up new Web Portals from scratch and integrating into our CI/CD Pipeline
- Hold brown-bags and present in All Staff's to evangelize UI knowledge and accomplishments
- Train less experienced UI Engineers and even non-UI Engineers in developing UI
- Work with product owners and UX designers to refine business requirements and mocks
- Analyze business requirements and architect a UI solution that is robust and scalable
- Contribute to the design of REST APIs that the front end will be consuming
- Provide technical documentation of solutions
- Break down architected solution into smaller, achievable tasks
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Design and build proof-of-concepts on next generation UI applications
- Participate in demos and code reviews
- Support multiple teams on their UI requirements
- Identify previously unidentified gaps, areas of improvements, and opportunities in our UI Platform and UI Applications
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 2+ years in UI/UX development
- Experience with JS frameworks and libraries (ReactJS, Angular, etc.)
- Expert with HTML 5 and CSS3
- 4 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 3+ years in building/maintaining UI Frameworks, not just using UI Frameworks
- Expert in ReactJS, Redux, and Sagas
- Expert in Webpack, Babel, and NodeJS
- Expert in UI Testing Frameworks like JEST
- Experience with ADA
- Experience with XML, JSON, and integrating with REST API's
- Experience with UI/UX development across different mediums like mobile and tablet devices a plus
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.