Director, Head of Merchants SL MENA
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Director role looking after the Merchants Service Line is a key leadership role in the Visa Consulting Analytics (VSA) MENA team to sell, deliver and track high impact projects to our top merchants, acquirers, fintech and Gov’ts in MENA. We are looking for a motivated individual who will lead practice management efforts and a team of consultants responsible for delivery of consulting projects across multiple markets. The individual will also play an active role in growing the consulting practice through development of team structures, practice disciplines, coaching and mentoring methods while ensuring standardized methodology to proposals, project delivery and project impact measurement.
- Lead the sales and delivery of high impact projects in MENA while resolving complex strategic problems and meeting business targets for clients
- Proactively manage Client relationships ( Merchants, Acquirers, Fintechs & Gov’ts) in key markets to foster value-added services growth;
- Lead the planning and delivery of solutions and service line offerings into MENA, working with Solutions and Service line leaders to address client needs in the region
- Identify additional client project opportunities and lead the preparation of proposals for new client work
- Support MENA Consulting & Analytics leadership on project and practice economics; value-in-kind forecasts, burn rates, utilization, scorecards and to manage risk and quality of the project deliverables
- Manage the team’s practice staffing and capacity planning, reporting frequently on utilization, efficiency improvements and opportunities to the leadership team
- Synthesize and manage complex project structures when required; assignment objectives, project scope, budget and project delivery
- Support IP development and knowledge sharing with consulting & data science teams in other regions to incorporate best practice, source analytical or other solutions to bring global perspective to local clients
- Play a leadership role in talent recruitment, coaching and development of consultants
• Proven experience in setting up or participating in growing a practice is desired
• Experience driving large-scale change management initiatives either in a consulting or practitioner capacity
• Ability to develop strategies and activities to increase effectiveness of programs based on performance
• Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
• A strong attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Relationship management skills – should be able to manage internal and external stakeholders at senior levels
• Expertise in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint to develop superb client presentations
• Group facilitation and presentation skills
• A recognized Degree qualification (MBA is preferred)
• Able to travel frequently and work on client site for extended periods across MENA or CEMEA (when travel resumes)
• Fluency in English mandatory. Additional language skills (Arabic or French) are preferred.