Staff SW Test Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Cloud Platform Team is responsible for building frameworks and systems to automate infrastructure provisioning and application deployment tools that Visa developers will use to deploy and run code. Our mission is to make is easy for developers to get their code to customers. We are testing and automating the platform and make it easy to deploy, monitor, scale and debug applications.
Responsibilities – what you’ll do:
Proficient in coding, testing.
Build automated testing platform to enable continuous delivery of the platform components
Proficiency in testing K8, dockers, containers
Proficiency in writing automation, develop new automation suite, automate test cases
Proficiency in API automation and run write new test cases, suites
Proficiency in UI automation and should be able to write new test cases, maintain existing automation.
Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Perform thorough functional testing for new features
Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
Build and manage development, test, integration, performance and stage environments
Collaborate with team members in design reviews, development and code reviews
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or at least 2 years of work experience with a Masters degree or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Expertise in developing and consuming REST-based web services
- Experience with Selenium for UI automation
- Experience with testing Kubernetes k8, containers, dockers.
- Working experience with Mongo DB, My SQL
- Working experience with CI\CD pipelines, virtualizations.
- Solid foundation in object oriented methodologies & design patterns
- Good knowledge of SQL and DB concepts (SQL Server preferred)
- Experience writing unit and integration test cases.
- Experience with Soap UI, Protractor, Selenium
- Hands-on development experience in UI\API automation using Java/Spring, Soap UI, Selenium, Protractor
- Passionate in learning & delivering code with excellent quality.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.