Head of Tax Strategy – Visa Europe
- London, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This newly created position will provide support to the Head of Tax Visa Europe on M&A activity and key contract negotiations, including due diligence, legal documentation review and post M&A integration. The role requires the ability to engage with senior stakeholders and non-tax teams at all levels. Extensive experience of working ‘in house’ on M&A matters is essential. Reports directly to Visa Europe Head of Tax.
Responsibility for supporting the Visa Europe Head of Tax by managing M&A activity, including integration work and key contract negotiations, partnering closely with the Global Tax Team M&A and TP teams and European Finance, Treasury, Legal, HR and Business teams.
- Provide tax support for key projects and initiatives, including, but not limited to M&A, integration and business restructuring.
- Provide tax advice on the application of complex tax laws and filings to resolve questions form the business, senior management and local tax authorities as applicable.
- Review and lead the negotiation of a broad range of commercial agreements from a tax risk management perspective.
- Lead on tax-related disputes with commercial parties where necessary including M&A negotiations.
- Determine when external advise is required and instruct and manage external tax counsel to proucre and advice on various specialist tax legal matters in an effective and cost-effective way.
- Translation of external tax advice into practical business solutions for the applicable country or functional business unit.
- Creation of standard tax templates and clauses to expedite agreement drafting and improve ‘time to market’, including local adaptations as required.
- Membership of Visa Europe’s tax leadership team.
- Engage in effective communication with stakeholders and leadership;
- Deliver appropriate training and guidance to the business;
- Influence the business perception of tax; challenging the status quo; initiating and establishing best practice processes across the tax team and wider business
- Drive progress of tax team and business priorities in a challenging environment;
- Be able to work under pressure and be flexible in dealing with issues as they arise;
- Be willing to work on non-indirect tax matters as may be required;
- Be active in working towards a best in class tax team; and
- Manage and develop tax advisor and tax authority relationships.
• Will be CTA or ACA qualified
• Extensive in house experience or equivalent
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills
• Able to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders at all levels and areas within the business
• High ethical and quality standards
• Ability to effectively manage and develop people
• Ability to build credibility with stakeholders
• Ability to risk assess
• Ability to grow and develop a team
• Deliver priorities to the business
• Collaborative team approach
• Strong communication skills