Business Development Leader – Financial Institution
- Hoan Kiem Dis, Vietnam
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Vietnam team comprises of a highly motivated, passionate, business driven bunch of problem solvers who create impactful experiences for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong collaboration, we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to bring the best payment experience to end users.
If you are business savvy with financial payment industry experience and have the technical background necessary to help further establish Visa as a leading payments solutions partner in Vietnam, you should apply.
What a Business Development Leader does at Visa:
- Discuss and deeply understand client business strategy/business model and consult client on winning digital payment and ecosystem solutions. The business model will be diversified across consumer and corporate businesses.
- Cultivate relationship with client key stakeholders in partnership with product solution and cross functional teams
- Work with clients to focus on driving usage, user experience, new product solutions, ecommerce, cross-border transactions, and merchant acceptance.
- Identify new payment flows interacting with issuers, and develop CVPs for new product, new segments differentiated by departments / payment flows
- Develop collateral, internal and external product content, collaborating with in-country, regional and global product partners and other stakeholders
- Execution of strategic priorities to accelerate payment volumes growth and expansion in partnership with financial institutions
- Responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of team, country and regional goals
- Responsible for Client forecast, P&L, and tracking of performance
Why this is important to Visa
In this role, you will be the connector between Visa and the clients, being able to showcase Visa capabilities and make impact to the clients’ business. You will work closely with key functions in Visa such as the Merchant Solutions & Acquiring, Consumer, Business Solutions, Visa Consulting and Analytic teams to identify areas of opportunity for growing payment volumes, expanding acceptance through implementing new solutions, products and payment services, leveraging Visa and the client’s digital payment capabilities.
The candidate must understand financial and banking industry. Have experience in card, digital payment and good understanding of payment industry opportunity and challenges. In this role, you will be the champion in providing client turnkey solutions to differentiate their products and services as Visa ambassador.
Projects you will be a part of:
- To take ownership of the business relationships between Visa and our clients through business development and sales efforts aimed at ensuring profitability and development of Visa’s brand, reputation and business presence and impact. This includes development and execution of business strategies, business plans, sales and projects which propagate profitable business for Visa and for our clients.
- Assess opportunities to introduce relevant Visa solutions to clients and be responsible for account and product business planning and submission of product propositions to clients for consideration.
- Recommend strategy for securing individual clients’ agreements and engagement with Visa initiatives
- Develop individual business case justification for investment decisions and propose to both Country and Regional Management for approval.
- Champion and lead digital innovation, solutions to differentiate client payment products and services
• Recognized degree preferably in Business Management
• More than 10 years of proven sales and relationship management, with expertise in payments/ financial services industry
• Deep expertise in navigating client relationship matrix
• Solid understanding of the Vietnam digital payment landscape and banking industry
What will also help:
• Prior sales and consulting experience within the financial services sector
• Knowledge of retail/ commercial/digital banking
• Solutions-focused mind-set
• Strategic thinking combined with good business acumen
• Strong account management and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills
• Digital mind-set and adaptive leadership
• Positive and result orientated team player
• Self-starter with a commitment to learn and a sense of curiosity
• Ability to navigate and work in ambiguous situations
• Fluent in English and Vietnamese