- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking an Engineer who wants to come into Visa.com and help build a high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. You will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development, security patching, security automation while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. The role includes working with business owners to understand security patching requirements, defining and implementing technical solutions, application implementation and support, integration to other systems and platforms. The position is part of the Data Platform team and reports to Platform as a Service, Leader.
- Provide strong hands-on technical expertise building code or performing install/configuration of application components, installing security patches, coordinate activities across domains, and integrate application content when required.
- Identify opportunities for and contribute to improvements in standards, and processes to support a continuous improvement approach.
- Understand, plan, and execute with a strong focus on balancing risks and value. Identify risks proactively and develop mitigations.
- Adhering to Visa methodology, develop technical artifacts for sound, high-quality deliverables: from sizing to implementation.
- Working with on-shore and off-shore teams, internal staff, and system integrators manage the delivery of required solution components to ensure quality and timeliness of work.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with IT stakeholders and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience with Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
- 2 or more years of work experience
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience with Shell scripting and strong knowledge in Operating systems ( Linux)
- Experience with security patching and compliance
- Creative, high-energy, proactive problem-solving skills with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Focus on customers and user experience
- Experienced working closely with other project resources to cohesively deliver business intended benefits including solution analyst, QA, architect
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to frame context, present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise manner while influencing outcome
- Understand and support documentation of best practice business processes in support of Business Requirements
- Comfortable in an environment of rapid change and ambiguity with the ability to make decisions while understanding the risk
- Able to work in a complex highly-matrix and regulated environment
- Global/International experience and the ability to work across cultures and time zones