Senior Manager, Process Improvement
- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
At Visa, our incredibly talented people drive the continued success and growth of our business. As a People team, our mission to recruit, engage, grow, and empower that talent is now more critical than ever.
One of our top priorities this year is to transform our People function with a clear strategy to advance our structure and our systems to better fuel Visa’s growth goals. Our Transformation team are the creators, innovators, and engineers of this effort.
This role will be part of a new team, the People Team Accelerator, and will directly support operational excellence and process improvement initiatives. As a key member of the People Transformation team, this individual will be responsible for supporting the continuous improvement of People Team processes globally.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Senior Director, Accelerator Leader. This individual will have high visibility and will partner closely with a variety of stakeholders across the People function to achieve workstream objectives in alignment with the overall People Team Transformation strategy.
Serve as the primary process improvement resource across assigned transformation workstream(s)
Conduct stakeholder interviews and independent research to fully understand current process and identify gaps to fill
Create process documentation and process maps
Identify process breakdowns and offer improvement suggestions to drive efficiency and effectiveness
Ensure redesigned processes are seamless experience for all stakeholders by minimizing inefficiencies
Leverage technology to further improve processes where appropriate, including incorporating automation
Produce materials for Transformation Leadership Team Meetings
Candidates are encouraged to apply from the following locations: Austin, TX (preferred), Miami, FL, San Francisco, CA, New York, NY, Foster City, CA, and Atlanta, GA.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD, Lean or Six-Sigma certifications preferred
• Demonstrated ability to improve current state practices and own distinct pieces of end-to-end processes
• Skilled in mapping and optimizing existing process
• Experience working on multi-stakeholder initiatives, focused on improving the customer experience
• Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills in a global, matrixed environment with cross-functional teams
• Ability to independently use data and trend analyses to identify opportunities for improvement
• Strong interpersonal communication and synthesis skills
• Self-starter, results oriented individual with the ability to “roll up their sleeves” and handle numerous projects concurrently
• Ability to anticipate issues before they arise and work to proactively support resolution in a timely manner
• Exceptional personal accountability and the highest of ethical standards
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• A very good sense of humor
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.