AML and Sanctions Program Governance Sr. Analyst
- Highlands Ranch, CO
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
As a global payment system, Visa maintains a global anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) and sanctions program established under formalize policies and procedures.
In this role, the Sr. Analyst will support the AML and Sanctions Program Governance Sr. Director in establishing and overseeing the AML and sanctions risk framework and strategic compliance program initiatives globally. The Sr. Analyst will continue the development of relevant AML and sanctions procedures, risk assessments, and key metrics reporting. The AML and Sanctions Program Governance team member should be able to engage with credibility and authority across Visas global compliance and product teams. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently and be effective in a dynamic, matrixed environment under demanding timelines.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• Experience implementing AML/CTF and sanctions programs at a financial services company
•6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
Seven or more years of work experience with a bachelors degree or four or more years of relevant experience with an advanced degree (e.g., masters, MBA, JD)
• Seven years of implementing AML/CTF and sanctions programs at a financial services company
• Experience designing and managing AML and sanctions related product features and development
• Experience conducting compliance risk assessments, risk and control self assessments (RCSA), and product risk assessments
• Experience developing and reporting key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and other metrics
• Experience drafting, reviewing, and implementing compliance policies and procedures
• Ability to effectively collaborate and influence to lead cross-functional teams
• Multi-national experience and perspective
• Fast learner and critical thinker, ability to interpret rules and policies and clearly articulate applicability to programs
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to explain complex compliance, business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
• Strong knowledge of AML laws, regulations, and guidelines
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects/initiatives to conclusion
• Credit/debit/prepaid cards industry knowledge
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position in Colorado is 96,800 USD to 125,800 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.
Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position is eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.